Holy Terror: Final Part

"Still not talking? Is Metatron worth her life, too?"

Theo tanks the blade out of you before moving over to Muriel. Without blinking, he stabs her in the chest, and that kills her.

"Angels butchering angels. Is this what we've become?" Castiel says angrily.

"Just following your example, Castiel. How many did you kill in Heaven? How many in the Fall?" Castiel's shocked expression is enough to make Malachai laugh. "Oh, you didn't know? A host of angels died when they fell--Azrael, Sophia, Ezekiel--Died doesn't even describe it. Devastation. Wings shredded. Unspeakable agony at your hands. So, I think you would want to provide any information you have, considering..."

"Wait, Ezekiel is dead?" you say as your magic works to heal your stab wound.

"Open your ears, Princess," Malachai rolls his eyes. If Ezekiel is dead, then who the hell is inside Sam? "Okay, since you're not talking, I leave you in the hands of an artist." Malachai turns to Theo with a wicked smile. "I don't care what's left, but save her for me. Her, I want to enjoy."

Malachai leaves the room, leaving Theo alone with you and Castiel. Theo doesn't turn to you since he's so focused on Castiel, giving you time to focus on your magic.

"Don't ask for mercy. There is none. I'll give you one last chance for this to end."

"Give me a quick death."

"I need you to speak to Metatron. Everyone knows you have influence." Castiel looks at Theo in confusion. "He'll listen to you. Ask him to raise me to Heaven. You can do this, Castiel. I'll be a soldier for Metatron and do anything he wants."

"You serve Malachai."

"I thought he was the answer, but he's crazy."

"You're noticing this now? You were more than willing to do his dirty work."

"I did what I had to do, but no one will survive this war."

"So, you prefer to sit it out in Heaven?"

"I can talk to him about restoring your grace. I'm a team player, Castiel."

"Fine. Do you mind?" Castiel gestures to his shackles, and Theo immediately lets him go. "I'll need a moment to make contact, but you have something that I'll need."

"Anything."

Castiel grabs one of the medical devices on the tray and quickly slices Theo's throat. His grace spills out of the wound, and Castiel drinks it up like a starving man. Castiel is an angel again, but it's from stolen grace. Theo stares at him in dazed recrimination with blood dripping from his neck. Your friend puts a hand on Theo's forehead and kills him by burning his eyes out.

Whatever Malachai did to you is affecting you much more than you thought. You groan and roll your head to the side, and Castiel immediately goes over to you. He yanks your chains loose before picking you up bridal style. You two make your escape to the nearest payphone because you need to warn Dean about everything. As soon as you're outside, Castiel sets you down on your feet and places two fingers on your forehead.

Just like that, you're alert and focused.

"Castiel, you stole his grace," you gasp.

"Yes."

He doesn't waste any time and calls Dean from the payphone you're at. These don't have speakerphones, so you have to lean in really close to hear what he's saying.

"Yeah?"

"Dean, I don't have a lot of time, so listen. The leader of the opposition is an angel named Malachi."