Bad Boys: Part Two

Sam is more successful at getting information than you three because he talked to Ruth who had a lot more to say about Jack than Timmy did. When Ruth was a little girl, she used to come to the farm which was owned by Howard and Doreen Wasserlauf. Jack used to be a farmhand, always helping on the farm wherever he can. Howard was a nice man, but if he got into the liquor cabinet, he could be a scary man.

One night, he got into his head that Jack and his wife, Doreen were sleeping together. It wasn't true, but Howard's paranoia got the better of him. He tried to kill them both, but only successfully killed Doreen. He chopped her to bits with a meat cleaver and got life in jail. He swore he'd get his revenge on Jack, and he might have finally got it.

Life in prison ended for Howard a year ago since he died in his cell alone.

The good thing is that Howard is buried in town.

Grave digging is always best to do when it's nighttime so you don't have people accidentally watching you break the law. Noah has been hands-on ever since the case with the chef that likes to chow down on animal parts, and this time is no different. He has his own shovel as all three of them are digging the grave of Howard Wasserlauf.

"You know I can do this with my magic, right?"

"We got it," Noah grunts and flings some dirt over his shoulders.

"So, Dad didn't want you to tell me about this place? How come? Was it really so bad?"

"I don't really remember, Sam. I mean, nobody bad touched me, nobody burned me with their smokes, and nobody beat me with a metal hanger. I call that a win."

Sam and Dean do most of the work, but Noah's shovel hits the wooden coffin down below. You get out the kerosene and salt before sprinkling both over the skeleton inside. Sam lights a match and throws it inside, making this case closed.

"Is this a little too easy?" you ask.

"I'm not going to question it. Let's go."

You didn't want to leave in the middle of the night, so after a good night's rest, you stopped to get some food before making the day's drive back to the Bunker. Kevin and the girls are doing well, so you're not itching to go back.

Dean wanted to stop at a restaurant called Cus' Place: Home Style Meals. You had already ordered your food, and you turn to Noah while sipping on your drink.

"So, Noah, tell me about your family. You know, before. How was your home life?"

"It was okay, I guess. It wasn't the best, but it wasn't the worst."

"What do you mean?"

"It was best to stay out of my dad's way whenever he got angry. He never hit me, but video games really helped tune him out."

"I'm so sorry," you bite your lower lip nervously. "What about your mom?"

"She was really nice and could usually calm my dad down. She'd take care of me whenever my dad would punish me. He wasn't a bad person, but sometimes he got very angry. Mostly it'd be because of me."

"Noah, you never have to worry about that with me, Dean, and Sam. We will never hurt you. We're going to love you just as much as our other kids."

"Thank you," Noah smiles. "I can learn a lot and do better to help out. Hunting is no joke."

You look at Dean with a knowing look, and he sighs silently. The food comes out, and you all dig in. About halfway through the meal, Dean's phone rings.

"Yeah, Sonny? ... What?!" He hangs up and throws some money on the table. "We gotta go. It wasn't Howard."

Whatever is happening at the farm isn't because of Howard which means your job isn't done yet. You leave whatever food you didn't eat on the table since it's not good enough to box up. You quickly head back to Sonny's place to see the county coroner already there. The body is already in the back of the van and a police car is behind the van. When Sonny sees you, he immediately heads over to you.