Meta Fiction: Part One

Water. Solitude. Moments in time. The part right before breakfast where some are still sleeping and others are silently awake is golden. No one bothers you. You feel like you have all the time in the world before your problems catch up with you. You and Dean found this pocket of time and try to make it last as long as you can.

The showers are big enough for three people to fit in one stall, so it's more than enough room for you and Dean. Showering together has always been a good time but this time, it means something completely different. This is your time to unwind from the feeling of the Mark, from taking care of your kids, and whatever else weighing heavily on your shoulders.

Maryann is now a year old; your little baby is growing up so quickly. She's expanding her vocabulary, she loves to run, especially from you and Dean, she loves trying new foods, and she's a bundle of joy. You want to throw her a party so badly for her first birthday but with everything surrounding Metatron, Gadreel, Abaddon, and the Mark of Cain is just too much for you to handle already.

Joanna is three and a half years old. Once she turns four, she will need to start preschool if you want her to get used to not being around you all the time. You want her to make friends so she can start learning social skills that she won't get by staying inside the Bunker. The preschool will have to be close to the Bunker so you can make the commute to and from on a daily basis.

Not to mention, Noah is almost eleven years old. He's going into the 6th grade which he will start going back to school for. He's used to going to school before he met you, and you don't want to disturb that cycle. The biggest problem you'll face is wondering how you're going to get them to and from school every day if you're hunting.

If you have to quit hunting to be a full-time mom, then that's what you have to do.

Dean constantly thinks about his kids and what their futures are going to look like if they keep hunting. They're going to end up like him and Sam, and that's the worst thing he can ever bestow onto a child. He wants them to go to school and get out of this life. He doesn't want them to have to worry about monsters and if they're going to be safe just by walking down the street.

He feels like a failure of a father, and he doesn't know how to be better.

"Tell me what you're thinking."

You grab the soap and run it along his body, getting every inch available to you. You run the washcloth over his right arm and he flinches when it touches his mark.

"This power... makes me nervous. I'm so fucking scared that it's going to consume me. I've always been an angry guy but this is different. It's like it's amplifying that part of me. I'm trying so fucking hard not to let it affect you and the kids, but I don't know how much longer I'll be able to control it. I'm scared I'll end up hurting you or the kids."

"I'm scared, too. When I touched the First Blade for the first time, it was like my whole body was consumed by my magic. It felt like a dark part of me opened up at that moment. I didn't like how it felt."

"You know, when you touched the blade, I saw red. I don't know if it was all in my mind, but your magic turned red for a split second."

"That's what I'm talking about. That power was dark and chaotic and messy and it scared me. I'm terrified that harnessing that kind of power is gonna get someone killed. On top of all this, I'm stressing trying to figure out a way the kids can go to school while I can still hunt with you and Sam."

"We'll get through this together."

"Yeah, I know we will. I love you."

"I love you."

You lean up and kiss him. There are only a few more moments in this pocket of time before Sam and the kids will need you and Dean. You spend the rest of this moment kissing and cleaning up the soap from each other's bodies. After the shower, you two head to the library where Sam and Maryann are. Maryann is standing in Sam's lap while he tries to read the files. She leans over and presses her hands against some of the papers, and Sam tickles her side to get her to move. Hearing her laugh brings a smile to your face.