Senticatalyst I

Gabriel Agrest angrily closed the book and sighed loudly. Disappointed and tired, he shook his head, a headache plaguing him again. The tall man with blond hair took off his glasses and sat down on the edge of the bed. Nathalie looked at him worriedly and she too sighed.

 Again, Hawkmoth had lost, or as he was now called, Shadowmoth. Now that the peacock's Miraculous was repaired, Gabriel could use it. But until now, Ladybug had won over and over again. It was exasperating, everything Gabriel tried still failed in the end. 

"I don't believe it! How can Ladybug keep winning? We've tried everything, haven't we? Not even the spell book can help us!" he said, annoyed. Nathalie put a hand on his shoulder reassuringly. 

"Sir, maybe it's not the book at all, but the power is in yourself. You decide how much power to use from the Miraculous," she explained confidently. A small smile settled on her lips, her blue hair, with the one red strand, she had tied tightly into a bun. Her eyes sparkled supportively behind her glasses. 

"If only I could use more pressure and more villains at once! Ladybug has so many new heroes now!" exclaimed Gabriel angrily. "We know that many of the heroes are classmates of Ladybug, probably because she's the same age," Nathalie began her reasoning. 

"And if we could accumulate all of them, with the help of Lila or Cloé, Ladybug would be alone again," the assistant added. Her voice sounded soft and sure. Gabriel thought for a moment. "I'd have to become Scarletmoth again for that," he murmured in agreement. 

"I could-" Nathalie put in, but Gabriel Agrest immediately denied it. 

"No, absolutely not. Under no circumstances will you be re-akumatized," he replied tersely, looking gratefully at his assistant. He appreciated her help, but Nathalie was far too ill. 

He would not take another risk. 

"I will create a Sentimonster. It won't be able to replace you, but it will serve the purpose," Gabriel suggested, straightening his tie. 

"Whatever you say, sir," Nathalie agreed, smiling. "Get some rest," he said and left the room. Nathalie looked after her boss for a long time. Then she took the cup of tea from the tray and sipped it.

~*~*~*~*~

Marinette ran as fast as she could up the stairs of the school building, because she was late again. With half a croissant in her mouth, she rushed into the classroom and just managed to get there before the teacher. Panting, she sat down next to Alya. 

"Been out all night again?" she asked softly, smirking. Marinette nodded tiredly, she had to fight with Cat Noir all night against a Shadowmoth villain. Since her best friend knew that she was Ladybug, her life had become a lot easier. 

Now she didn't have to lie to her friend all the time. Marinette could rely on Alya. But that meant she had to be more careful as Ladybug because Shadowmoth had Rena Rouge in his sights. Ever since she took cover as Rena Furtive and only spied from afar, Shadowmoth created stronger and stronger villains. 

Also, the quarrel between Cat Noir and Marinette got worse and worse. 

She just didn't really know what to do anymore. 

"Look, Lila is discussing something with Madame Bustier," Alya said quietly, pointing at the brown-haired girl. 

Marinette hated her. With all her heart, Lila lied with every breath. Always, every second, to get attention. 

"Dear class, I heard that there have been discussions lately, may I know what it's about?" the class teacher asked, concerned. Her orange hair fell in her face, you could tell she had a child coming soon. Marinette and Alya exchanged a confused look. What had Lila told them now?

 Nino and Adrien also glanced in irritation. 

Oh Adrien, thought Marinette. Her mind wandered and happily, she looked at his blond hair. Radiant. Carefree. Dreamy. Adrien that... 

"Marinette?", Alya nudged her. "Uh yeah, what?" she asked back. 

"You as class president are supposed to speak for the class," her best friend whispered. "Ah yeah, sure, um what should I say?" exclaimed Marinette uncertainly. 

Madame Bustier repeated the question. "Whether Cloé's behavior is really that bad". The girl with blue hair hesitated for a moment and looked at Cloé. The latter looked back grimly. If she said anything wrong now, Cloé's father would ban everything. 

"Um so...", Marinette stuttered. "What's Dupan-Cheng now?" grumbled the blonde. 

"Cloé is actually quite all right, only...she's hardly paying attention to the others lately...and that's where...conflicts come in," Marinette ventured cautiously. Cloé looked at her discontentedly. But before she could say anything, Adrien jumped in. 

"Cloé, you just need...someone to get you back on track. Your...shall we say...performances of 'I'm telling my dad' or 'you're fired' aren't quite right. We all like you, but try to be a little nicer," the blond boy said, smiling. 

Cloé hesitated for a moment, then looked sadly at her portfolio and began to sniffle. "You all have me, don't you?" she asked herself rather than the others. Then she ran out crying.

"No Cloé wait! I didn't mean it like that!" cried Adrien desperately and wanted to run after her. Marinette looked after her, concerned. Since she was no longer Queen Bee, Cloé had become quite...aggressive. And that was because she had trusted Ladybug...and Marinette was so stupid and hadn't understood. It probably hit her hard that someone else was the new "Queen Bee". Lila followed the blonde girl with quick steps. "I'll handle it," she added, smiling. Her smile was so fake. Marinette was on the verge of beating her to death with every object.

"Maybe Ladybug should talk to her," Adrien whispered, shaking his head.

~*~*~*~*~

Cloé looked in the mirror and wiped away her runny makeup. She sniffled sadly. Why was she like this? Why had she left Ladybug? She shook her head. Suddenly someone was standing behind her. 

"What do you want...what's your name again?" the blonde snapped at Lila. The latter just laughed. "I like your sense of humor," she replied kindly, handing Cloé a handkerchief. 

"They're really mean to you," she added worriedly. Of course, it was all an act. "This...this is ridiculous, extremely ridiculous," Cloé snorted, snatching the handkerchief from her hand.

 Suddenly Lila's cell phone rang. She looked at it delightedly. It was a message from Gabriel Agrest. Cloé's eyebrows shot up, "You...have his number?!" she exclaimed. 

But Lila ignored her question. 

"Do you want to take your revenge at Marinette?"

A/N: Hey! Thank you for reading! I just wanted to say, that this takes place before Season 5 and before Season 4 Finale^^