CHAPTER 7

NAVINA

"Hey nav!'' I hear Eden from across the cafeteria. I turn and smile lightly. "Where ya off to?" she asks curiously. I can see the sadness in her eyes. Caden hasn't texted me back or showed at school for the past two days.

I got ghosted.

"I'm heading to the library to  check out a book for english." I say back and move out of the way to let some girls pass by as they laugh.

"Okay. Do you want me to go with you? Chase and Colby are arguing about a video game and ugh I need to get away." she says annoyed. Chase and Colby normally play video games together but they always have differences of opinion. Normally I don't care, it's funny watching them argue which character is better and which guns are cooler.

I faintly touched my lips as I recall an argument they had with "no I'm okay you can enjoy them."

She sighs "you sure?"

I nod.

She sighs and turns "well I'll be off. Come back before lunch okay?" she then said.

I nod and just walk into the library. Silence engulfs my brain as I see a couple students sitting near the computers on the left wall. Two players chess behind a bookshelf and I see a teacher behind the desk. She smiles at me and i smile back and walk to the section.

I'm looking to kill a mockingbird. That's the book I decided to read for the end of the semester.

I look at all the sections and look and look. My eyes roam around the shelves. Some are half empty but some are stacked. I see a bunch of books I know personally and I look at them...

This is going to take awhile.

At Least ten minutes pass when I finally find the book I was originally looking for.... Along with two others that i have to put back. I go back to the section looking down each shelf. This library is huge for a public school. Its weird but i am definitely not complaining. I have a whole bookshelf in my room so saying i love reading is an understatement.

I  found the last shelf for the last book. The cruel prince and I put it on the shelf. A book flys over startling me and I pick it up frowning. My eyes fuzzle more when I put it back, seeing a tall figure with dark hair and...

"Caden?" I whisper.

The man turns around and caden comes into view. His startled eyes looked into mine. Gosh they look the same. I'm supposed to be mad at him! He ghosted me. "Navina?" he whispers, blinking a few times. I sigh frustrated and speed walk to the other side of the shelf.

"What the hell!" i whisper shouts very mad punching his shoulder blade. He mutters an ow and i frown. "Where the hell have you been! Do you make a habit of ghosting girls after you kiss them!" i continue. His eyes look into mine and i then notice a big gash on the side of his eyebrow and i frown his hair kind of covers it. It still looks fresh. Really fresh. "Are you oakty?" I whisper , reaching out a hand up and moving his black hair out of his face, seeing the gash going on his eyebrow. gladly it isn't the one with the piercing.

He was startled when I first touched his soft sin. "What happened?" I whisper.

"Nothing," he said, knocking my hand off. "It's not a big deal, I just got into another fight," he says. For some reason I don't believe him.

I frown studying him. His posture is off his arm is gripping his rib and his clothes look messed up and not normal. He has black pants on a black t-shirt and black sweater that's not zipped up. His arm hidden behind the jacket. "I'll ask you again, caden. What happened?" i say looking back up to him..