CHAPTER 5

NAVINA

It's Monday. Yes, I know the worst time of the freaking week. Mondays suck.

 I get out of bed, my feet nuzzling in the soft black carpet and I walk to the bathroom just across my room. I do my business and come back to my room do my skincare and change into an outfit. 

I look out my window seeing my backyard, the little trampoline where me thara, and Eden used to bounce on every day after school. We stopped once we went to high school since all three of us were so exhausted every day. I see the little swaying bench swing that we all used to sit on. The whole backyard is one big memory. I see the trees shake and the colored leaves falling on the grass.Windy. Got it. I turn around and grab a pair of dark green cargo pants with a black belt a black shirt tucked into the jeans and a long sleeve black and white long sleeve. 

I grab my fall boots and backpack heading downstairs. My mom isn't home right now since she's at the bakery today until 6 maybe 7 Mondays are normally busy and it's almost Halloween so it's even more busy than usual. I walk closer to the door and think about getting something to eat but decide against it since I might throw up if I do. I can't eat before school. It's not a great thing. 

I open the door after sliding my black boots on and walking out i lock the door and start walking down the driveway dreading even going to that building, I take my phone out of my pocket and check the time. I still have ten minutes to get to school and it's a five-minute walk so I'm good. My phone is also spammed with texts from the group chat. Mainly Eden and chase bantering. Seriously, they should just kiss and make up.

 ME: guys. 

EDEN: yes? 

CHASE: what Nav. 

ME: just kiss and makeup.

EDEN: GROSS

CHASE: as if. 

COLBY: I'm with Nav on this.

ME: thank you, Colby. 

COLBY: It would save us all.

 I chuckle as I look up for a moment seeing Caden walking down his street. It reminds me of last night when he went the opposite way. He might have just wanted to walk more. I ran and caught up to him. This is even more familiar.

 "Hey, stranger," I say smiling and shrugging his shoulders. He turns and his eyes meet mine and a faint smile graces his lips. "Navina." he greets. His black backpack is slung over one shoulder and he's in the all-black look again. Black jeans black sweater black shirt black combat boots. 

"Hey, why did you walk the other way of your house on Friday night?'' I then found the courage to ask as we made our way through the forest next to the school. 

He shrugs. "Just wanted to walk more I guess." I nod and look in front of us. "So what are you doing today?'' I ask, trying to make conversation.

"Nothing... are you going to be telling me?" he says with a smirk. 

I smile "No just curious... Well actually Eden Chase and Colby, you know the people that I always hang out with were going to go to the movies today." I then mentioned. I wasn't going to ask him but... I don't know if I want to talk to him more or get to know him more. And I'm sure Chase and Eden and Colby wouldn't mind. 

"Oh ya? What movie?" he then asks. "Um well, it's a Marvel movie. Morbius," I say. I pause and he nods. "Do you want to join?'' I ask. 

He chuckles humorlessly. "Um no." 

I frown "why not?" "Because you guys have your merry band, why would I join?" he then states. "Well because don't you want to see the new Morbius movie?'' I wonder.