CHAPTER 37

NAVINA

"Dad!" i squeal as i walk in the front door after the long school day. My sadness of caden is only half there as i see my dad and his big smile that clouds all his features and goes into those deep dark eyes. I run up to him and wrap my arms around him. He smells like an airport and I'm not a fan of that smell. But regardless I haven't seen my dad in a few weeks and I'm glad he's back so soon.

"Stellina. I miss you amore mio." his thick rich italian accent voicing at me as we part.

"Why are you back so soon?" I then asked.

"We got finished with a case early." he then mentions and i nod. He looks at me thoroughly and I want to call him out for profiling me. When he's about to speak and I'm speaking as well my moms voice booms from the hallway seeming to come from the kitchen.

"Oh my two baby." my mom gushes her warmth in her eyes glowing and she smiles brightly reaching her eyes as she comes up to both of us and hugs us. "Well there's three but he's not here right now." my mom then murmurs as her arms wrap around me and my dad. I almost chuckle.

"When is the next time neo is coming?" I then wondered.

"Probably christmas' ' my mom then says pulling apart and she starts walking to the kitchen again. That's when I smell her famous sarmi dish that she normally only makes in the winter. Which it is right now. I don't have a favorite of my moms cooking since it's all amazing. She really is a wonderful cook. No wonder she owns a bakery, but I still don't get why she didn't do a Bulgarian themed restaurant or something like that. But her bakery treats are a town favorite so I suppose I do understand. "Come on i made sarmi!" my mom than booms from the kitchen smiling at us when me and my dad start walking

"Well he better be coming for christmas." my dad then murmurs, shaking his head.

My mom chuckles as we finally make it in the kitchen. "Of course, darling. He will." my mom then assured me.

—--------------------

Once dinner was done we all watched a movie in the living room. The movie is now done and it's nine now. I was allowed to stay since there's no school tomorrow and not to mention I am basically a responsible person. Before I start walking up the stairs my mom says, "I forgot to mention nav but you have a drivers test in two weeks." my mom says and I nod.

"I know. I have been studying for a week." i than say with a smile proud that i remembered. Of course I remembered I can't wait to be able to drive. Since I'm already 17 I should already have my license but since... well thara i didn't have very much motivation to physically go to the driver's place. But i asked my mom about it a couple weeks ago and she agreed, with a smile might i add.

I hear my dad chuckle and I just walk up. "Goodnight." I call out as I walk up the stairs. I hear both 'goodnights' and 'i love you' from up the stairs.

When I get to my room the darkness and eerie silence gets to me... I think about caden. We haven't talked since he walked... Well, I let him walk away from me. But I'm not giving up. I refuse to give up. We have known eachother only a couple months but... I don't want to go back to the place I was before I met him. He saved me. Even if I didn't want to admit it. He brought the light back into my body in my smile into my eyes. And I'll be damned if I can't do it for him as well.

No matter what happens he will always have me. I don't care if he pushes me away. I'm going to get him back, ethier just as friends or more, it doesn't matter. He helped me, it's my turn to help him.

I look up when I hear light knocks from my door. "Nav it's me." I hear my dads voice reverberating from the other side of the door.

"Come in." i say and i get into a sitting position from my laying down and reading my book. I close it, obviously marking my page number, i look around seeing a remote and i plop it in the book keeping my page and i put it next to me. Im reading 'twisted' by Emily Mcintire and i love it so far. I also don't want my dad to know what I'm reading so it's best I keep it far away from him.