CHAPTER 20

NAVINA

I look at Cadens house tapping my foot gently on the cement sidewalk waiting for him. He texted me a couple minutes ago saying he was coming. I look at his driveway and I don't see River's car. So hopefully he's okay. I look at the time on my phone and look back at our messages. My mind wanders to not so good places.

ME: I'm ready, I'm coming outside now. Hbu?

CADEN: yup i'm coming now.

That was it... granted it wasn't much but still. I sigh, frustrated, sliding my phone in my sweatpants pocket. I didn't feel like wearing jeans so I put on black sweatpants and a white tank top. I waited for another minute until I saw his door opening.

I assess him. His stance as he locks the door. No limp. Good sign. He doesn't hold onto any body parts so that's also a good sign. As he walks down the drive way I see nothing pointing to an injury. I smile and run up to him.

I wrap my arms around him. I feel his chuckle and hear it deeply. "What's this for?" i hear him ask as he hugs me back. Putting his hands around my head and i snuggle into him. His forestry man scent invading my nose.

"You're okay." I mutter.

He lets me go and furrows his brows as he holds my cheeks. "And why wouldn't I be?" he then asks, confused.

I take a sharp intake of breath and sharp outtake of breath "because you- you didn't text me back and- and i thought. Gosh you can't not text me Caden! I didn't know what could have happened to you! I thought River would have hurt you or... i don't know. I was up almost all night because you didn't text me. Why didn't you text me?!" i say pushing his shoulders away from me.

"Hey it's okay.'' He says my eyes sting with tears and he comes up to hug me more. "I'm okay sweetheart, don't worry that much about me."

"But I do. I can't help it, Caden."

I hear him sigh and I wipe a stray tear. "Oh green please don't cry because of me. I'm supposed to ruin your lipstick, not mascara." He speaks in a sheepish smile.

I chuckle. "Are you joking?"

He shakes his head. "Definitely not," he speaks. I chuckle more.

"You are something else Caden West."

"So are you Navina gallagher."

We hugged again.I grabbed his hand. I realize we have school "we should get going." I speak and he nods. We start walking and I still hold his hand. The warmth sends electricity through my whole body. The breeze of the October wind hits my face. I breathe it in and smile. I then realized I never asked, "where did you go yesterday?" I then asked turning to face him.

He sighs and shakes his head. "It's very complicated."

I raise my eyebrows "that bad?" I then asked.

He nods "and unexpected."

I frown "well now you have to tell me."

He sighs "well i think river got a girlfriend... well wife." My eyes widened a lot.

"What!"

He nods "I thought I was hallucinating... he seems to actually really like her." he furrows his brows, seeming to think about it. I then turned. What if he abuses her too?

"Who is she?"

"Her names roxanne." he shrugs "she seems nice i guess.'' I tighten my grip on his hand a little, sensing his pain. Maybe he's thinking about his mom.

"Is she moving in with you guys?" I then asked, trying to veer away from whatever he was thinking.

He nods "on friday. Thankfully I'll be with you and not the shit show." he mutters. Oh ya the halloween party. I'm excited for it actually. I'm glad I'm well acquainted with Dean so I know he's a safe house to go to when partying.

"Well I'm glad I'll be with you too. Instead of that empty house." i matter the last part.

FRIDAY

Me and Eden decided to get ready for the party together. I'm sitting on my bed watching her do a little fashion show with my clothes. The door swings open revealing eden in a black and white marble looking tank top, long sleeve with fishnets and a black skirt with some silver chain on the side. I frown "i don't own any of those clothes.'' I speak.

She shrugs "I may have brought a few of my own. Besides this top is all you."

I chuckled and shook my head then frown, realizing her words "what's wrong with the top?"

"Nothing babes. Nothing." she smirks as she goes back inside. I roll my eyes. I wait for a minute until she comes back out. "This." she says like a definite yes. It's a black dress with black fishnets a white corset top on top of the dress and high top boots. I nod,

"For sure. Yes" i saying raising my brows "chase won't know what hit him... literally.'' I chuckle. I see her smiling to chuckling as i stand up and go for the closet. I see her sit down on my bed were i was. "You turn babes. Choose something good please." I hear her speak as I close the door.

I look through my wardrobe. Mhm. what to wear. Jeans and a tank top? Maybe. A tube top with jeans? I hum as I flip through my hangers. Seeing different colors and patterns. I spotted something.

It's a deep red dress. It's loose but tight at the first look. The sleeves are thicker and the boobs part looks like a good material. I slide out of my sweatpants and tank top as I slide on the dress. It hugs my waist perfectly and I look in the mirror in the back of the closet door. I tilt my head looking at my curves showing in the dress. The dress isn't too short and not too long . It stops just above mid thigh showing my thicker but thin thighs. My legs are plain and kind of pale. I look through all my clothes and find a pair of black fishnets like Eden wore. I decided to slide them on.

I like it.

I slide on my converse and open the door. Eden's eyes widened. "Damn girl. You look good. Yes." she speaks in awe. I smile. I run my hands down the dress. Teh straps are thick and i can feel them. The dress is stretchy material and the top surrounding my breasts feel tight and I don't need a bra. Some cleavage is showing but not alot. Plus my hair can cover it. Its long and curled.

I close my closet and spray perfume. We both already do light makeup and we both did our hair. Edens is long and straight and she tied half up with a clip. Mine is curly and has a few braids around. We both smile at each other "let's go." She speaks.

We both go dont he stairs and we walk to the party. Caden Chase and Colby are already there. I hope they're all getting along.

----------------------------------

this chapter is short and no bueno. but its fine.

how are you guys liking this so far??? thoughts opinions on characters??