CHAPTER 3

NAVINA

"Bye Nav!'' I hear Eden shout at me as I walk in the opposite direction of her. We just went shopping for about the whole day. It's a Saturday which means we went to the mall. We're now back in town after getting a cab and since my mom is still at the bakery I decided to go there. And a plus I can get a sweet treat.

I walk into the store and see my mom at the front serving a customer with the biggest smile on her face. The whole place is pink and blue and white all around. The floors are black and white checkers and the tables are black with a mix of table clothes. There's a bunch of cookies, donuts, and other treats at the front in a glass front. Another girl is working here. She has black hair that's tied in a bun at the top of her head. She has on a T-shirt and jeans.

I walk up to the line with only one more person. It's about six and that's the time she closes the place on Saturdays. "Can I have....'' I pause looking at the menu "Four macaroons please '' I finish.

My mom smiles "Sure honey.'' She opens a box, gets the treats, and hands them to me. "Just have them for free. Why are you here?" she asks curiously.

"Well I and Eden finished shopping and I thought since you were closing I would just come here," I say holding my bags tighter. I only have two, one from a hot topic since Eden insisted I get a Lana del Rey shirt and Sephora since... Well, obsessions never die hard.

I put the Sephora bag in the hot topic bag and took the macaroons. "Okk well, I'm closing now. I just have to go to the pharmacy to get my pills," she says.

I nod, smiling and going to sit in the corner. I then think "Actually I can just go." I point out.

"No it's okay." she pauses looking at the other worker "Would you mind closing up hun?" she asks the girl and she nods smiling.

"Of course Mrs. Gallagher."

My mom faints her hand "Please call me Elizabeth."

"Sorry, I forgot, Elizabeth," the girl says back. She looks about my age, maybe a year older.

"Okay let's go." my mom sighs as she takes off her aprine and walks out the little exit and we start leaving.

We exit the bakery and the little ding rings and the door closes stopping the bell. We turned to the pharmacy. I see the sign "right there." I say. My mom chuckles.

"I'm not blind hun."

I shrug "just pointing it out."

I hear my mom chuckle as we walk into the store. There is a bell in here too and I see a couple of people in the pharmacy. Caden. He is everywhere I swear to god. First school then second school then third he lives near me and fourth... here. I frown as he picks up a package and pays the man at the front desk a forty-dollar bill. Me and my mom go in line and he turns around looking in the bag and his eyes roam around until they land on mine.

I stare at him as he makes eye contact. I also noticed a slight cut on his lip. What happened? The last time I saw him he was leaving his house when I was going to the ice cream shop on Thursday. He just walks past without so much as a glance and my mom taps me.

"You know him?" she asks.

I shake my head "Not really. He's new though." I mentioned.

"He looks like trouble," she mutters.

I chuckle "Maybe. His name is Caden something."

I peer into my mom's bright blue eyes which look a lot like mine. It's kind of eerie. We are almost the same height but she might hold an inch to me. I'm 5 '5 she might be 5' 6 I honestly don't know.