CHAPTER 55

NAVINA

Caden has been acting differently these past few days. He's more tense and everytime i try to touch him, like hold his hand, or hug him, or kiss him, he backs away like my touch is stinging him. I don't like it. He was never like that before, before it honestly seemed like he couldn't get enough of my touch...

I sigh frowning as I try to figure out how to put this book shelf together. It's Friday night and I'm at home putting together a bookshelf. My mom went out with her friend, my dads god knows where...

I hope he's okay. For the past few months Cadens have been getting my mind off of my dads safety. But now he's not here and I already texted him once with no response. I figured I should just give up.

Maybe I was wrong, maybe he doesn't want to be with me. Maybe all I saw in him was a lie. Maybe he is just like a river.

Shaking my head the bad thoughts consuming me as i almost hit my hand with a hammer i put it down and sigh frustrated. I look at the black shelf as it's almost put together. I just need to hammer the back side on and it will be complete. But I can't do that if my finger is the one that gets hammered.

Caden is making me frustrated. I can't figure out what's wrong with him. I tried really hard. I wanted to respect that he didn't want to share things with me... but what is a healthy relationship if he doesn't feel comfortable talking to me? I turn off my headphones and throw them on my bed and pick up my phone looking at the last text i sent caden...

'Hey, whatcha you doing?'

I read it over and over again, my mind swerving the words. The text before that was asking where he was at lunch today since he came a little late. I don't know what's gotten into him. It all started when River talked to him on wednesday. It's weird. He called him 'little sun' and caden just went rigged. Cold and distant. Like he was crawling in on himself. God knows I tried talking to him about it but he just kept shutting me down.

Keep pushing away again.

Again.

Atleast books can't do that. Right?? They're reliable. They dont commit suicide, they dont leave you, they dont push you away or become cold and distant without giving me a reason. I sigh frustrated and I decide I want to go to the forest where I and caden normally go.

I changed into the leather jacket that my dad got me before with a white tank top and a black skirt that's soft. Once I put my phone in the jacket pocket and my airpods I went down the stairs and slid my converse on. I open the door and head straight for the forest.

Once I get there I hear waves and the crickets outside making me feel at peace. The slow waves of the water calmed me down. I go to the little sand bay area and I sit down. I watch as the moon shines on the water. I move my gaze around to see if there's anyone else here when I spot a figure laying down on the sand.

I notice the white earbuds with the string connected to something that's in the person's pocket. The person's eyes are closed and I feel a sense of relief. Who is that? My brows furrow as I stand the sand on my legs and wipe it off before walking over. The sand sent tiny prickles through me.

Once the person gets into view I notice their black fluffy hair almost over their eyebrows. Dark arched brows showcasing their eyes and thick eyelashes that are basically longer than mine. Those thick luxurious lips and septum piercing and a brow piercing those silver one dangly earring and a stud. Hollow cheeks and sharp as sin =jaw line.

Caden.

Sighing softly I notice his eyes opening as I lay next to him. "Navina?" he asks softly in a whisper and I think he thinks he's dreaming.

"Caden." I whisper back, turning away from his piercing now dark as night eyes.