CHAPTER 44

CADEN

"Hey dickwad." I see a smiling Jesper infront of his front door. He greets me, like this. What other ways are there?

"Asshole.'' I say back, a small smile forming on my lips. His brown curly hair is messy and his dark skin contrasts on the street light in front of him. His brown eyes glinted.

"What are you doing here? Are you okay?" He then asks with a frown as he lets me in. He closes the door and I look around seeing a kitchen towards one side rusted and dirty but clean. No dishes or anything left out, just the old dang and dusty video. In Front of it is a living room there's black couches and a small t.v propped on a hunchback table pressed firmly against the wall. On the other side is a small area leading to what looks like a back yard and beside it a hallway which most likely leads to a couple bedrooms and bathroom.

I look back at Jesper seeing his hands in his gray pockets, his white t-shirt pressed against his firm, toned chest. "Uh, ya. I guess. I just, well I couldn't stay at Navina's house anymore... it was getting to be a bit much." I then stumble on my own words.

He nods. "Did you guys end up, tie the knot, split the latch, break apart... the latch? Or the knot?" he shakes his head. "I'm gonna shut up."

I nod and fuzzle my brows. "ya..>"

"Yes to shutting up or yes to splitting the latch, break apart and all that good stuff." he then wonders as i follow him in the living room area and he sits down, manspreading and looks up watching me as i sit down.

"Both."

He sighs. "Damn. so you guys are done?"

I nod again.

"What happened?" he then asks.

I shrug. "Everything.... Anyways, could I stay here... only for a couple days and I have money... a lot of money.'' I then said, Since riots in jail i got hold of my actual account the account my mom left for me and it has a couple thousand in it. Granted I can't touch it until I turn 18 which is in a year but still.

"Money? Since when, did you get a job or something?" he then wonders.

"Nope. my mom left it for me, and rivers gone so i can gain access to it.'' I will explain.

He nods. "Right, rivers gone? Like for good or like last time when he got out and... well you know how that ended." he sighs.

I look around awkwardly not sure how to tell him. "Well, I don't think he's staying in there for much longer." i mentioned.

He turns to me side-eye like as her brows furrow. "No you didn't." he says sassily. "You got him out!" he then accuses not waiting for my answer.

I frown immediately. "No.... well... no! Why would you accuse me of something like that?'' I then said hurtfully.

He rolls his eyes playfully. "Don't b s me caden west." he sighs but i notice the humor in his half dazed smile and look. But it fades when he speaks again. "So why did you get him out?"

"A note." I then answered.

"A note? Who is your fairy godmother?"

I roll my eyes. "No jerkface. My mom."

His smile goes down immediately. '"Oops. well what did it say?"

I shake my head, smiling small. "Just said to stick with the river."

"And how do you know that he didn't write it himself?" Jesper asks , cocking one dark brow at me.

"Well, first i know my mothers handwriting second i know my mothers words and speech dialect and whatnot and third river couldn't know most things in that letter.'' I will explain.