Mr. Cowboy's Kinda Bad- Chapter 4 ( An Excuse For Wanting To See Me Shirtless?)

Hey guys! How are you all? So sorry for not updating in forever!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER FOUR- (Is That An Excuse For Wanting To See Me Shirtless?)

Managing to come up with a topic finally blessed me and Tatum. He suggested that we did our research project on Tuberculosis. I don't know why that was his suggestion but I agreed not wanting to start World War III... At least the topic sounded interesting because I don't know much about it.

Tatum and I were currently sitting in his room researching things about the disease. He was on his home computer and I was using my laptop that I brought from home. Tatum and I rarely talk anymore because he has been quite distant. I'm not sure why put I pushed it towards the back of my mine.

It was complete silence in the room other the the typing of the keyboards or the occasional scribble of our pens as we took notes.

Mrs. Satan (AKA Mrs. Sartain) gave us some pretty good search sites that had an online database for books, articles, and websites. All we had to look up was "Tuberculosis" or "TB" when hit enter tons of articles and websites popped up.

In the middle of our silence of research, both Tatum and I's head popped up when we heard his screen door slam shut. 'TATUM GET YOUR USELESS A$$ OVER HERE!" a loud voice bellowed.

Tatum looked at me and then back towards the front of his house where a man was drunkenly standing, holding a bottle of Whiskey in his hand. The man looked so familiar! Then that's when it hit me.. This was the man in camouflage who tipped his hat at me when I first moved.. Tatum was the taller, younger man next to him who scowled. Oh my god I can't believe it was them! No wonder why Tatum hates my guts! I acted so rude to them.

He shot like a bullet from a gun out of the computer chair and walked over to his clearly intoxicated father, "You useless piece of sh!t." his father ground his teeth. He was so friendly looking when I first saw him and now, he looked like a monster.

Sounded like one too.

Is this was Tatum has to live with?

His father was still bellowing bad words, I tried to block it out but it was so loud and repulsive. He kept saying how useless and lazy Tatum was but whenever Tatum would ask what he had done, his father just mumbled nonsense.

"OK, I think you need to go sober-up." Tatum put his hands on his fathers shoulders and tried to push him towards a bedroom.

"Boy! Don't you touch me!" his father roared, eventually having a mucous coughing fit. He manage to catch Tatum off guard and he pushed him backwards, Tatum's head slamming into a picture hanging on the wall. The picture frame shattered and caused Tatum to curse aloud. His right hand found the back of his head and when he pulled it back down, I saw blood.

I gasped and cringed at every noise. Tatum's clenched fist's were white with anger. He pushed his father backward, "Donald, you have no room to call me a piece of sh!t. Look who has bee running this farm when you are drownding yourself in booze!" I could see so much pain in Tatum's eyes.

I wanted to run and crawl in a box and hide. My heart sunk when Tatum called his own father by his first name. Donald was sent flying across the room, he landed with a loud "thud". His glass bottle of Whiskey shattering nanoseconds after.

Tatum looked at me and when he saw me, he realised how scared I was. His angry, scary eyes turned into resentful one. "Grab your stuff."

My body roboticaly moved as he ordered me. I picked up my bag and shoved my notebook inside, slamming my laptop shut as well. Tatum was already out of the door when I passed his father lying on the ground. The clear alcohol surrounded him. In some part of me, I felt bad, and in others, I hated his guts.

I walked out side to see Tatum with his back to me, hands on his face, looking down at the red dirt. He turned around so fast, it made me jump. "Shi!t Addison. I am so sorry." he sighed and looked at me with droopy eyes, "Never in a million years would I want you to see that." he shakily ran a hand through his hair but he winced, "Dammit! I'm such a fuck*ng idiot." he wiped his bloody hand on his plaid shirt.

I felt so bad for him. "Your're hurt, let me help you." I pleaded walking closer.

"I'm fine." he began backing away but I immediately stopped him and looked straight into his emerald, saddened eyes.

"Let. Me. Help. You." I forced him to turn around only to find that not only did he have a cut on his head, he had a large cut just at the start of his back. "You need to go to the hospital." I said.

"I'm not going to the fuckin' hospital." he growled.

My heart plunged into a deeper sadness, "Why are you protecting him?"

"I'm not." he spit and then sighed, "Can you fix me up or not?" Tatum growled.

"Yeah but I will need a first aide kit and a needle and thread." I said.

Tatum nodded his head and began to walk into his broken home. As much as I disliked Tatum, I felt sorry because no one should have to live like that. A few minutes later Tatum came back out with a white plastic box and a different bottle of booze. Stitches really aren't that bad are they? Tatum was aleady chugging it down probably wanting to feel numb. He motioned me to follow him, and I did. He led me towards the barn and once inside he flipped the lights on. My heartbeat picked up when I saw Bolthouses' head sticking out of the stall.

Tatum sat vertically on a bale of hay and he patted behind him. He handed me the first aide kit and I sat the same way so I had full view of his muscular back and his head. I set the kit on my lap and un-clipped it open, grabbing a cotton ball and rubbing alcohol.

I parted Tatum's brown hair and examined the small cut before I dabbed the soaked cotton ball on it. He didn't wince so I knew no glass was still stuck. I cleaned out the cut and thankfully it stopped bleeding.

"I can't do anything more with the cut on your head but it stopped bleeding. Can you take off your shirt so I can get a better look at the cut on your back? I probably will need to give you stitches."

I immediately regretted my last words. "Is that an excuse for wanting to look at me shirtless?" Tatum looked at me smirking and I just frowned.

Yep, the alcohol is deffinitely kicking in.

His smile dropped as he turned his head back around. He began unbuttoning his tight fitting, plaid shirt and with every button coming undone, my heart beat quickened. I really need to get a hold of my hormones...

Tatum pulled off his shirt and put it next to him on the ground. When I looked at his toned back, my breath was hitched looking at a large tattoo. It was of a Bald Eagle with the rebel flag as his wings. I don't know how to explain it, but it looked cool, "When did you get this?" I asked.

Last Saturday when I saw him, this was not there. "I got it last Monday after school."

"Oh, cool." I awkwardly responded.

Cleaning up this gash was harder, it was bigger and I had to be careful because a shard was still lodged into his flesh. It continued to bleed so I worked as fast as I could.

Thank god for those first aide classes...

I took out a pair of tweezers and drenched them in the rubbing alcohol just to be safe. I then grabbed a wad of gauze with my left hand and held it close to Tatum's wound anticipating more blood once I pulled out the shard.

I inched closer to Tatum and I could feel the heat radiating off of him. "Bend down just a little bit. Your're really tall." He did as I asked and so I rested my fore arms on his upper back to steady myself before I pulled out the glass.

"Alright Tatum, I'm not sure what you wanna do, but this is probably gonna hurt. On the count of three. One. Two. Three." Tatum gulped down the liver killing liquid.

I grabbed a hold of the shard with the tweezers and slowly picked it out. "F*ck!" he whisper-yelled. Tatum stiffened at the pain which only made the blood come faster.

"Just relax stiffening only makes it worse." His shoulders slowly came back to normal while I placed another gauze pad down applying more pressure. The pressure must have been working because after about five minutes, it stopped bleeding.

I pulled the gauze away, cleaned out the laceration once more and then sterilized the thin needle. "Now I'm gonna stitch you. OK?" I asked.

Tatum nodded his head, still drinking from the glass bottle, and I began to stitch him up.

Five stitches later, Tatum was all fixed. Just to be safe, I taped a pad of gauze over his wound.

He sprung up from the hay bale and said a few colorful words. "Holy crap. Darlin' that hurt.."

I made a small smiled, "Would you rather yourself bleed out or even worse die of a pus filled infection?" I asked teasing him. He shot me a death glare before I reasurred him, "But now your all better." I then looked at him seriously, "No sudden movements or else you will be in a lot of pain..." I warned.

He nodded his head in agreement.

My eyes slowly began to roam all over his chest. His toned abs and arms. He even had the tan called the "farm boy" tan. Oh my God. Shoot I just used God's name in vain!

I made a little prayer asking for forgiveness for sinning and well, perving...

I was knocked out of my thoughts when I heard, "Hello? Earth to Belle." I could just hear the smirk in his voice. I looked back up to Tatum, and I could just feel the blush creeping on me. "Are you enjoyig the show?" I was right. He of course, had a smirk plastered on his face.

I tried to think of a comeback, "What? No.. I-I was just looking at Bolthouse. He's a lot better looking then you."

"Ouch." Tatum feigned hurt as he place a hand across his chest. I laughed at what a loser he was. Our laughs got even louder when Bolthouse whinnied.

"See?" I said. "Bolthouse agrees!"

"Whatever." he stuck his tongue out at me and began walking closer to me. He kept getting closer and closer. He placed both of his large hands next to my thy's. I was currently still sitting on the bale of hay and Tatum just kept inching closer.

Pretty soon Tatum and I were just inches from chest to chest, inches from eyes to eyes, and inches from mouth to mouth. I'm pretty sure I wasn't breathing. "What should we do now little darlin'?" as Tatum got closer I started to back away.

Next thing I knew, I was squealing, yelling Tatum's name as I fell off the hay bale... Luckily, more hay that was on the ground padded my fall just a bit. Now I was in and uncomfortable and awkward position.

"That's right baby, yell for me." Tatum smirked picking up his shirt and sliding it back on.

"Ew! You perv." I grabbed a fistful of hay and chucked it his way. But... he dodged it. Of course. He handed me his arm offering to help me up and I took it. His strong arm pulled me up so fast I crashed right into his stone hard chest.

He pulled my hair back behind my right ear and bent down, "Seriously. What do you want to do?" his hot breath fanned across my face. My crazy hormones were surely going bonkers.

I looked at Bolthouse, "Riding?" I peeped.

"Oh, babe. Why didn't you tell me earlier? You can ride me anyday." he smirked and I immediately punched his hard chest. I think I ended up hurting my fist more...

"Sicko..." I pouted. "I meant the horses." Inside the barn was Bolthouse, and four other horses. One appeared to be a work horse, while the others looked like riding horses.

"Okay, okay. I'll stop." he laughed, "Who do you want to take?"

"Bolthouse!" I exclaimed.

"Alright. Tack him up. The tack room is just around the corner."

I walked around the corner and went into the tack room. I switched on the light and walked over to a large western saddle that caught my eye. It looked custom made because it was a pinkish color with black paisley designs all over it.

The saddle blanket was black and the Bridle hanging above it, was the same color pink. The bit even looked custom because when I took a closer look at the rein ring, it had the name "Gloria" etched into it.

Placing the bridle across the saddle, I picked everything up at once. It was deffinatly the heaviest saddle I have ever carried. I'm used to the normal English saddle but not the Western.

Walking out of the tack room, and around the corner I ran into Tatum, "Your're using that saddle?"

"Whose Gloria?" I asked.

For some reason a look of hurt crossed over his eyes before he covered it up. "It's just the brand.. But why are you gonna use a pink saddle on a male horse?"

"I don't know. I just really like pink." I smiled.

"Yeah I can tell.." He looked down at my pink cowgirl boots and my flowy pink tank-top.

I nodded, "Now if you will excuse me, I should probably set these on Bolthouse before my arms fall off." It's true. The saddle, blanket, and bridle are so heavy.

'"Here I got them." Tatum kindly took them away and I smiled. When I fully turned the corner, Bolthouse was already out along with another horse whose name is Thor.

Tatum raised the saddle high, and fitted it on Bolthouses' back. He looked a little irittated so I walked over and began to stroke his muzzle. Tatum strapped the girth and breast plate and then he slid on the bridle. "Alright, hop up so I can adjust the stirrups."

I raised my leg and fit the ball of my left foot in the stirrup,"Okay boy, I'm gonna get on you now so dot be scared." With my left hand I grabbed the horn and with my right hand, I grabbed the back of the saddle.

I used my foot on the ground to help me up and after three try's, I finally was sitting in the saddle. I felt so tall. Tatum already had the saddle on his horse. Now he was putting on the bridle. First, he checked his stirrups and then he came over and adjusted mine until they weren't so long.

Tatum then jumped on his horse. "Follow me!" he said before cantering out of the barn.

~*~

Tatum and I were currently chasing each other through the woods on horseback. We were on a quad path surrounded by beautiful trees that were beginning to look yellow and orange. It was breathtaking.

Right now I was losing badly. Tatum was ahead of me by at least three horse lengths. I tapped Bolthouse twice with my feet, slightly pulling back on the reins he then bolted. And I mean bolted... His racing instincts kicked in and we went flying past Tatum. Every once in a while muddy water would fling up and land on my jeans.

I laughed loudly before I heard rumbles coming towards us. Tatum heard it too because he yelled for me to stop. I slowed Bolthouse and Tatum moved next to us stopping Thor. The rumbling got louder, "It's quadders. Keep a tight rein."

As the sound got closer, Bolthouses' ears were bending back and I knew he was getting spooked. I kept reassuring him but it wasn't doing anything. He kept jumping up slightly, his two front legs going a few inches off of the ground.

Bolthouse was making frightened noises and when four quadders flew by, next thing I knew, I was lying on my back in mud, Bolthouse was running, and Tatum was yelling...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AND SCENE! What did you guys think? Good chapter? What do you think will happen to Addison? Please vote and comment and tell your friends! Love you all. Picture to the side is up Tatum's tattoo and a country song. Love you all! :D