Chapter 4 Sorting Hat

Y/n P.O.V

I was running late. My dad forgot to wake me and now we are rushing to the station. My brother and I are running with our carts.

My dad was way behind us trying to catch up. I saw the sign platforms of 9 and 10. I ran even faster and went right through. My brother came right after me and helped me pack out luggage on the train. We just made it with time to spare.

I was a little nervous. I only new Draco and nobody else. My brother saw the worry look on my face. He rapped his arm around me and gave me a hug.

"Don't worry, Y/n. Your big bro is here. If need anything, just come to me. Besides you're going to be just-Hey yo he has muffins!"

My own blood related brother pushed me aside for a muffins. I will admit, I'm hurt, I'm wounded. I stood there mentally facepalming myself.

Then I felt two arms rapped around me. I squeaked, because that scared the living shit out of me. "Well look what we have here George. We got us ourselves a L/n."

At that moment I knew exactly who it was. When I looked to my sides, I saw the funniest red heads I have ever meant.

"You idiots you scared me half to death!" I practically yelled. "Haha that's the point Y/n" said George.

"Well we got to run, see you at school!" "And Y/n I can't wait till see what house you get sorted in!" They both yelled.

I got onto the train and I saw my dad wave goodbye to me one last time, till Christmas. My brother already was seated, but I needed a place to sit.

All the carts were full. I kept walking with Yami on top of my head. I forgot to mention I had my cat with me the whole entire time. I named my cat Yami. It means darkness in Japanese.

I kept walking while with Yami on top of my head. I kept walking looking for Draco, till I found one with Ron and the same boy who bumped into me the other day.

"Hi Ron and...I'm so-wait you're Harry Potter!" I exclaimed. I almost forgot who he was, but how can you forget the great Harry Potter.

He gave me a shy wave and I sat right next to him. "Hello Y/n, it's nice to meet you again" he said to me, blushing.

They had candy all over the place. Harry offered some to me and of course I gladly took it.

We talked the whole time on the train. We got to know each other. Harry and I became good friends. Ron and I were already friends because Peter knew Fred and George.

I knew the Weasleys very well. We kept talking till a girl walked in. "Have you seen a toad? A boy named Neville lost one?" she asked us.

We all shook our heads. Ron was about to show us his magic trick, but she came in and judged him. I was honestly about to slap her, but I was being nice.

"My name is Hermione Granger. And you are...?" "Y/n L/n" I said. She gave me wide eye look. "You're a L/n?! I know lots about your family" she exclaimed.

Apparently my family is very special, but honestly I think we are just normal sorcerers. She then got very interested in Harry because he is the famous person after all. Then she left to get ready for Hogwarts.

I left Harry and Ron so they could change. I tried to look for a room so I can change, but I couldn't find one.

I kept walking till I found one that was empty. I walked in and I changed. I was finishing on putting on my robe when Yami started to hiss. The door started to slide open.

When I turned around the person who was standing by the door was Draco. His faces was red. When I looked behind him there was two other boys. I started to back away slowly.

Draco snapped out of it and shoed the others away. "I'm so sorry Y/n I didn't know you where in here. I will just leave" he said. I grabbed his wrist and stopped him.

"No that's fine, I'm sorry. I didn't think nobody was sitting in here. I just came in here to change real quick. I will leave" I said.

He then stopped me. "How about we both sit in here. If that's okay with you, Y/n"

I nodded my head and he asked the other two boys to come in. Draco introduced me to Vincent Crabbe and Gregory Goyle.

I put Yami back on my head and Draco started to pet her, but then the train stopped. "We are here" said Crabbe. Everyone started to get off.

A big guy started to yell about first years to follow him. At first I thought it was a trick. Like come on he looked like a guy that you will find in a van, asking kids if they wanted candy.

But I soon realized that is was Hagrid. The keeper of keys at Hogwarts. My brother loves him. I grabbed Draco's hand because I was really nervous. I had no idea what house I was going to belong too.

All I cared about is that I wouldn't get Hufflepuff. No offense but I don't like Hufflepuffs. So...PLEASE DON'T LET ME GET HUFFLEPUFF!!!

I was lost in my thought and I didn't realized that we got on boats. Once we got off the boats, Draco and I got split up because of the many people crowding around us. We got on top of the staircase just right behind the doors to the great hall.

Then a lady came out, named Professor McGonagall. She was talking about the houses and the rules. Once she left for just a moment, I heard a familiar voice arguing to somebody.

"Draco?" I said. He was talking to Harry and Ron. He then turned towards me. He looked like he had anger in his eyes, but cooled when he saw me. Then the lady came back out, tapping on Draco's shoulder to move a side. "We are ready for you now" she said.

The doors opened and we walked throw the great hall. A bunch of faces looked at us. I kept walking forward till I heard "Yay Y/n! I proud of you sis!" from the biggest idiot I have ever meant.

I didn't even have to look at him to know that he had a big smile on his face and was hooting and hollering. Along with his friends, just to embarrass me. I was happy was wasn't the only one. Ron was getting the same punishment as me from his brothers.

I then covered my face and kept walking. Then we all stood in front of the famous sorting hat. Professor McGonagall called up Hermione Granger. She walked up and was placed in Gryffindor.

Then it went on and on and I started to get a little bored. Harry was already put in Gryffindor sadly, but you know that's not bad either. I just agree with the hat he would have done great in Slytherin.

Draco was placed in Slytherin, which fits perfectly for him. I just hope I get Slytherin. Then I heard my name be called up. I gulped as I walked up to the chair.

Yami was still on top of my head so she hopped down and surprisingly ran to Draco. I was okay with that because she trusts Draco.

As I sat on the chair, McGonagall placed the hat on me. "Well look what we got here. I remember your father and mother when they use to come here" it said to me.

"You are loyal, determined, intelligent, and very clever, my my where should I put you?" In my head I was just thinking please not Hufflepuff, anything but Hufflepuff. I heard a chuckle from the hat, but he didn't saying thing. I covered my red face.

He then started to go off say how smart and wise I am. I knew exactly what he was thinking. 'Oh no' I thought to myself. He's going to put me in Ravenclaw.

I started thinking to myself again say no please I want to be in Slytherin. I want to be in Slytherin. He then said "You will be great in this house...Slytherin!" My table clapped for me and I walked to sit next to Draco.

"I'm glad you are in this house kitten. For a moment there, I was worried that he was going to put you in Ravenclaw" said Draco. I nodded in agreement.

After everyone was placed, the headmaster, Albus Dumbledore started the feast. It was a great dinner. After the feast we went back to our dorms.

The first years followed the prefect. She showed us the common room and our dorms. I said my goodbyes to Draco and went to bed. "Hey Y/n forgetting something" I heard Draco said.

I didn't know what he meant, then I saw him hold Yami. I facepalm myself and got her and went to bed. When I got to bed I thought to myself and thinking what the school year will be like.

I can't wait till tomorrow.