Chapter 40 You can let go now, Daddy

Y/n P.O.V

It's the last week before we head home. It will be so nice to go home and be in my nice warm bed. I bet it's really snowing back at home. I start getting pack up till someone rushed in the girls dorm.

"Y/n!" Someone said.

"Yeah?" I questioned. The person didn't even bother say her name, she just said that Dumbledore is looking for me. I start walking to his office and once I walk in, there was some shuffling and someone was crying?

"Um sorry is this a bad time?" I asked.

"No, please come in Y/n" said Professor Dumbledore. I walk in, there is a awkward atmosphere in the air.

"H-Hey Ace, um..I need to tell you something. Professor can you give us a minute?" Said Peter. I heard more shuffling and heard the door close.

"Peter what's going on?" I asked in a worry tone. He held my hand.

"Here come and sit down." He guided me where there was a chair. I can hear his voice, it was cracking and it sounded like he was crying.

"Peter?"

"Y/n, there has been an accident back at home. There has been a fire." My eyes widened in fear.

"Dads in the hospital."

~three days later~

I sat in the hospital room where my father was hooked up to a machine. I was sitting right next to him holding his hand. His hand was so cold and light. The scent around him didn't even smell like him. It felt like I was next to a stranger...a dying stranger. I hated this, I hate this so much. I can't even see my father, I can only see his aura..and it's fainting.

I haven't left his side since Peter told me what happened. Peter right now is with the ministry, Weasley's, and the doctors trying to figure this out. It seems that he was attacked. That he was ambushed. Two days before we sent a letter to him saying we are coming home, but it was never mailed to him.

They found Almond two miles away. He was killed in the process. The house was completely burnt to the ground. It was nothing but ashes. If Mrs. Weasley wasn't visiting him, he would have went down with the house. He was badly burnt. I was panicking so much on the inside. I might look cool and calm but I was scared.

We don't know what's going to happen to us when-if he dies. We have no other family members. My fathers parents passed away when I was seven years old and my uncle is in Azkaban. On my mothers side she was a only child and her mother died years ago. We never knew about her father. We had nobody, and Peter isn't old enough to take care of me.

I don't want my dad to leave. I don't want him to die, like who's going to be there when I'm older? Who's going to walk me down the aisle or teach my kids how to play wizards chess? I listened to my fathers breathing, thinking of all the memories I had of him.

~Flashbacks~

"Daddy I'm scared..don't let go!" I screamed as I gripped tightly on my bike. He started to laugh, his contagious laugh. 

"It's okay baby girl, I got you. I promise I won't let go until you are ready" he said to me softly. I took a deep breath.

"Okay daddy I'm ready."

"Here we go!" The road was kind of bumpy, but I started to move the pedals. I was having a hard time and I didn't want him to let go.

"Don't let go yet! I shouted.

"I won't, I'm right here." I started to get the hang of it, I gained control.

"Okay, you can let go now daddy." And once I said that he let go and I started to ride my bike!