Chapter 19 During the Summer

Y/n P.O.V

"Come on Y/n you have to manage that form!" Yelled Peter.

"I know I'm trying, just shut up and let me do it!" I yelled back.

I was trying to concentrate. I looked into one of our cows eyes. My eyes turned a light green color. I stared into its eyes but I felt dizzy and the magic blasted back at me. I landed in the grass and Peter came running towards me.

I laid there disappointed in myself. Peter finally caught up to me and was looking down at me. He knelt down to be at my height, as I sat up. "You okay Ace?" He asked.

"No, Peter I am not. I'm never going to master this. School is coming up and I haven't mastered it yet!" I flopped back down on the grass.

"You'll get it one day Ace. Plus this takes years of practice. Trust me, it all just takes time. You just have to have patiences."

"Peter you know I don't have patience." I glared at him.

"Yeah I know, I know."

"How long did it take for you?" I asked him.

"Two years. But I am a Dragon. You're just a Serpent. This should probably take you only a year or so."

Remember when my brother seemed like he was keeping something from me. Well this is what it is. I should tell you that I am a Mimic. My father is one while my deceased mother isn't. My father and I are a Serpents as our soul animal. While my brother is a Dragon.

That lucky son of a bitch. But I love snakes too so I'm fine with that. It runs in my fathers side of the family. I found out the end of the second year at Hogwarts. Many family's are known for certain things.

My fathers side is known for Mimics while my mothers side is known for the forbidden spell. Only my mothers family knows and my father and brother. Now that I'm old enough I can learn these things.

They start acting up when you are around 12 years old. It depends what animal you are. Like when last year I heard voices. It turns out since I'm a Serpent. I can speak Parseltounge. That's why I kept hearing the Basilisk.

And that time in D.A.D.A with the snake. Plus when I was being petrified, I was fighting back. That's why I saw what it was. It has no effect on me. That's why I wasn't paralyzed, I was only knocked out and put into a coma. But you know, it would have been better if Peter would have told me sooner!

Also the reason why I was scared last year was because I felt the presents of You-Know-Who. I been scared of that guy for years. Just like fire. When I was little, when the village was being attack, all I remember was flames and screaming. I still get nightmares of that.

Either way, last year, the reason why Peter was so overly protective, is because he sensed something wrong in the castle and sensed another creature. He was afraid that my powers would be leashed. It's dangerous for new borns. He didn't want me or anyone to get hurt.

Plus Mimic are dangerous. Sometimes they can't control their powers and get...well put down. They can mimic any other animal. But you have to be a master to do that. Apparently that's what happened to my uncle. He was a wolf as his soul animal. He couldn't control his actions and he couldn't change back and things got out of hand.

It's like being an Animagus, but that's your real form, like your patronus. Mimic, you just change into different animals. But to change to other another animal, you have to master your soul animal. Yeah mines a serpent, who knew? I have been training my ass off for three months now. After what Peter and my father told me, they gave me a ancient book about them.

Not only that, but they finally told me something more about our family. Our family use to be huge but now they are getting smaller and smaller. I don't know anyone else who is in my family 'cause they are either in Azkaban or dead.

You remember the forbidden spell my father and mother used to stop You-Know-Who from my village. Well she used a spell called Sacrificium. Also known as a sacrifice. There is two outcomes of that spell. One, like my mother. Died for doing that spell. While my father, lost his magic doing that spell.

It's know for bringing people back from the dead while taking your own life. That's all I know from that day. Only certain people can do it. Also known as my family. AND IM FAILING AT IT. No sorry, I'm failing at EVERYTHING! I can't change into my form and do the steps to do the spell.

I'm not suppose to do the spell, I just need to know how to do it. And trust me, that's a pain in the ass. I'm so done for today. I got up, dusted myself off, and walked back to the house.

"Oi Y/n where are you going?" Peter yelled after me.

"I'm done for today! I'm going to start packing to go to Harry's." I yelled back.

"Wait, what?!" He then started running towards me. He grabs me, and brings me into a hug.

"Wait you're leaving me, for a boy?! E better not do anything funny. You be careful if you go. Have you told dad?" Peter, being a overprotective brother he is.

"Yes Peter I did and you know this too. But I bet you don't remember because Sophie was over and you were all like 'oh Sophie, my lovely Sophie. *makes kissy faces*" he begins to blush.

"Shut up Ace." He starts rubbing my head with his fist.

"Ow! Stop it you dicktard!" He pulls back laughing. I stick my tongue out and head up stairs. Getting ready to pack for Harry's. Harry wants me to come over because he's bored. I feel for him. Ron is on a family trip, Hermione is too busy with her studies. So I'm the only one left.

I'm staying for about two days. This should be fun. I never really go to the Muggle world so this will be fun. I can try there foods and drinks. I can see how they live. Pull pranks on his cousin, Dudely.

What can go wrong?