Chapter 8 Chirstmas Break

Y/n P.O.V

Today is December 20 and tomorrow is my birthday. But also in five days is Christmas. I was going last minute Christmas shopping for my family and friends. I already did earlier, but I found something that Draco will like.

Now I know a lot of guys are not at all into jewelry, but I got Draco a nice ring. It has a snake engraved into it and for the eyes are emeralds. It's a silver ring but if he uses his magic carefully, he can awaken the snake.

Which I thought was pretty cool and I know he gets bored at his place so I figured he will have a friend with him when his parents are ignoring him.

I transported back to my place by using floo powder. Once I get there, Peter is acting all strange and is hiding something behind his back. Of course I have stuff that I got him for Christmas, so I hide stuff behind my back.

"Uh hey Pete, how's it going?" I said, slowly heading to my room, still having the stuff behind my back.

"H-Hey Ace, I'm doing good. How about you?" He asked, also slowly backing away from me.

"Good"

We both smiled and made a run for it to our rooms. Once I set everything out, I started rapping it up and putted them down stairs.

I went back up to my room and flopped on my f/c bed. I'm so tired, I was doing everything today. With the snow outside it doesn't help when your taking care of the animals outside.

Since we live on a farm and it's cold we have to make sure the heaters are on so they don't freeze to death. Plus it doesn't help when we have baby animals either.

I laid on my bed looking up at my ceiling and thought about my poor owl, Almond. I had to send Draco a letter saying that I'm not doing anything special for my birthday this year. Due to the snow storm going on outside.

I felt bad for Almond. I really owe him one when he gets back. So there I am looking outside. It was really a storm. My dad was outside chopping firewood for the fire tonight.

After a while I started reading about the famous wizard Nicholas Flamel. It was a book called The Alchemysy (The Secrets of The Immortal Nicholas Flamel) It was a muggle book that I found in the shop. Some muggles know him as a fantasy character, but they have no idea.

~next day~

"Hey Ace, wake up" I heard someone whispered. I groaned in my sleep. I was too cozy to get up.

"She ain't waking, I guess I just have to...WAKE UP!" Then I felt something, no, someone bouncing on me, trying to get me up.

"AH! PETER STOP HAHA!" Peter was tinkling me at the same time. My sides started to hurt from all the laughing.

I woke up and Peter was staring back at me with a wide grin and my dad on the side smiling too.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY Y/N!" They said to me. My dad then handed me a plate of his famous French waffles. There were two pieces of French toast and two pieces of waffles, all stack onto each other. Also with bacon on the side.

"Aww thanks guys, you know you didn't have to do this" I said to them.

"Of course we did sweet heart. It's your birthday, my little girl is 12 years old now" my dad said.

"Thanks dad and thanks Pete for waking me up"

"Well it is 10 in the morning, we had to wake you up at some point" he said to me.

"Here you go, kiddo" said my dad. He handed me a present. I started to unwrap it. It was a very nice black sketch book. It was leathered and had very nice pages. I love it. It's just what I wanted.