CHAPTER SIXTY-SIX: Regrets

Allison crossed her arms and leaned against one of the hotel's glowing blue support beams. "So, how is it that we're still here, but the whole of the universe is going down the cosmic shitter?"

"Took the words from my mouth, sis." Fleur grazed her fingers through Five's hair giving him bedhead, but he welcomed the touch.

"Maybe we're the last to get flushed," Victor answered.

"Wasn't talking to you," Allison spat back with a derisive smile.

"Hey, does anyone know where the medium is? I haven't seen him." Fleur looked between the family worriedly.

"Or Dad," Luther and Sloane added in unison.

Ben scoffed. "Really? Did they... hit traffic?"

Fleur switched into Klaus then tampered with her mind a bit until his memories were hers. She had been getting a lot better at handling the after effects. She gasped and instantly shot up when she saw him reaching to catch a ball then get hit full force by a semi truck. "Yeah! Yeah, maybe!"

"Is he okay?" Viktor asked.

"Yeah, he's fine." Fleur laid back down and resumed playing with Five's hair to steady her now rapid heart beat and spinning head. "He's apparently doing some father-son bonding time too, so there's that. Nice little game of catch."

Ben stepped forward. "Look, people, we're alive because we're special right? We're the only ones who can save the universe."

Allison held up her hand. "Uh, question."

"Yes." Ben pointed.

"Didn't we just try that and fail miserably?"

"Yeah, it's because his plan was stupid. I got a better one." Diego walked forward while twirling a knife.

Ben scoffed and pretzeled his arms. " 'Course you do."

"We go with the large hard-on particle accelerator. You guys do some science, and we launch the Kugelblitz into outer space." Diego clicked his tongue. "Didn't think I knew that, did ya? It's in Switzerland."

Ben exaggerated a toothy smile as he corrected, "It's "hadron," not "hard-on," ya moron!"

"Oi! At least he's trying, you shitty little squid. What have you contributed?" Lila sneered with narrowed eyes.

"Actually, he did blow up half his family." Diego gestured and mimocked his previous smile.

"Oh, you wanna talk about family problems? You know what should have blown up is your face on that neck!"

"I wish I had a cake to hit you with in your face!" Diego spat and mimicked throwing one.

The door opened. "Who's hitting who with a cake?" Fleur's face grimaced at a suddenly uncomfortable feeling then looked to see Connor and Haddock standing in the doorway. Neither of them looked all that enthused to be here either.

"Back so soon?" Five asked as he sat up and fixed his hair back.

"Yeah, we were hoping you could tell us why the hell a plane changed it's mind on flying and came crashing down on our airport?"

"After the people bit the dust in front of us of course. Also, how the hecketh was Hadd almost discorporated?"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. What do you mean "almost?"" Ben squinted his eyes at the two.

"Consy saved me. I don't know how, but she kept me pieced together." Haddock held out his arm. "Look, I was actually burned!" he added with a bright smile and too much enthusiasm for feeling actual pain for the first time.