CHAPTER SIXTY-SEVEN: Weddings and Funerals

They walked as a group into the beautiful banquet hall with glowing chandeliers hanging from the ceiling and a disco ball scattering light in a slow spin. "Wow." Lila gawked with Diego close behind.

Fleur's breath slowed as she inched in the room with the rest of them. Five looked at her with adoration as the colored flakes of light bounced off their skin. He put a hand on the small of her back and they continued.

"Not sure this place is gonna be big enough," Klaus added as he also slowed his pace to take in the aesthetic.

Allison sighed. "This better be an open bar."

"Hey, come on. It's for Luther. Let's perk up," Lila told her with a grimace. Despite the amount of work it looked like she'd put into perfecting her makeup, hair, and wardrobe, she seemed more than ready to leave.

"This is a tad bit fancier than our wedding." Haddock lightheartedly chuckled as he played with Connor's curled hair.

"But every bit as amazing." She placed a quick kiss on his cheek.

The elevator dinged. It's dark wooden doors slid open to reveal the very antsy Luther and his best man, Viktor. "I don't know. Normally, my tush looks good."

"Ah, I see you've gone for the oversized button-down. Original," Allison fired to Viktor with unwarranted spite.

"You do realize there's no paparazzi here, right?" he retaliated.

Luther turned back noticing his best man was not at his side anymore. "Hey! Shh. Listen to me, you two. This is my day, alright? So if you two can just get along for a couple of hours, you can consider that my wedding gift." He fluttered his eyes in exasperation.

"Well, he started it, so—"

"You literally just—"

"Shh. Bah, bah, bah. My day. Two hours. Do you think you can manage that?"

"Yeah, fine," Viktor quickly accepted, but Allison's bitter smirk said otherwise.

"Thank you." The elevator bell dinged again and Luther's world moved in slow motion as his wife to be walked through the door in a pearl white dress that she'd sewed herself only an hour ago and with a matching exhilarated smile.

Ben rolled his eyes. "Let's get this over with before I die of cringe." They stared at the bride's glow for a moment longer then they all moved outside to a garden with lights draped throughout the trees.

Klaus stood inside the white arch weaved with pink flowers. "Dearly beloved, we're gathered here today for a good time, not a long time, so let's have a good time, huh? 'Cause the sun can't shine everyday. Can I get an amen?"

"Amen!" They shouted with a mix of whistles and cheers floating in the air.

"Luther, do you be taking this banging hottie to be your lady?"

"I do." The two held their hands together with joyous smiles.

"Sloane, do you promise to love and cherish this big hairy bastard for the next twenty-four to forty-eight hours?"

"Give or take a day," Five called. Fleur flicked him on the shoulder with a scowl, but she couldn't keep it up and it quickly faded to a smile. He grinned and pulled her closer.

"I'm gonna try," Sloane replied with watery eyes.

"I pronounce you married as shit! Viva la apocalypse!" They all cheered.

They moved the party to the banquet hall and Luther and Sloane shared their first dance into the married life. Five looked with a mix of emotions all at once at the love in this moment. "This is officially worse than the apocalypse," he muttered.