Nick - Breakdown

oh my gosh guys, im baaaaack. i hope yall are doing well :) this one should be pretty fluffy, maybe a lil sad at times, but mainly fluff!

i have a request for you guys! (first one in a few chaps I know LMAO) this one is from the valiant voidstvlcs

"can you do one where nick has trouble sleeping and haven't slept in 7 days or smt and is exhausted and breaks down so matt and chris have to help him relax and stay with him as he sleeps so he can get rest? :)"

Of course! sorry for the wait!! i hope you like this one :) <3

TW: Break down

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been a long week. Well, for Nick anyway. He had run out of his melatonin gummies and he couldn't sleep because of all the stress he was under. He had gotten pretty sick the previous week which meant he was behind on editing the videos, which meant they weren't going to have any new videos uploading which means-

Basically, Nick was tired. No, fuck tired. Nick was exhausted. His bones were tired, his mind was tired. His dark eyebags were a stark contrast against his hauntingly pale face. Nick knew his anxiety was no where near as bad as Matts, so he felt like he couldn't really talk about his problems. What did he have to complain about? Nothing. His life was perfect, right? I mean, that's how everyone sees it.

Is it really true though? Is his life perfect? No. Maybe the farthest thing away from perfect. Either way, he was tired. But no matter how exhausted he was, how many times he laid down on his soft pillow, he couldn't fall asleep.

It had been four days. Four days since Nick slept, and it was going on five. Nick glanced at the time on his phone, tired eyes slightly blurring the numbers. He could still clearly make out '6:43am' as his cracked phone screen once again turned off.

Nick sighed as he flopped against his bed, aggressively running his hands across his sleepy face. All he wanted to do was sleep, but every time he closed his eyes his nightmares came back. You know, the ones he had where he failed everyone? Yea, those ones. The ones that caused him to wake up in a cold sweat, tears dripping down his face as silent sobs ripped from his chest.

He hadn't told anyone about his nightmares, but Chris and Matt probably knew. It's not like it was that hard to tell that Nick hadn't been sleeping. But maybe his brothers weren't very observant and maybe that's why they hadn't yet commented on the fact that his eyes were sinking into their sockets. 

Or maybe they just didn't want to tell Nick that he looked like he could be cast in The Walking Dead, hell he could be the main zombie out there.

Either way, they had yet to bring up the fact that Nick looked like literal death, even though it was blatantly obvious. At the end of the day, Nick still wasn't sleeping and he still had dark bags under his eyes. Nick groaned in annoyance as he looked at his phone again, bright screen blaring against the darkness of his room. It was already seven o'clock and there was no way Nick was going to be getting any sleep any time soon. 

So he rolled out of bed and hopped in the shower. If he couldn't sleep he was at least going to be somewhat productive. As his tired arms bathed himself, his mind had time to wander. But having a wandering mind took up too much energy, energy that he didn't have. So he called his mind back and finished in the shower.

Drying off, he sighed as he got into some sweats. He was so tired.. Nick glanced at his phone, checking the time. It was almost eight o'clock so he decided to be a good big brother and make some breakfast for his younger brothers. Hell, they were tired too. He needs to just suck it up and stop bitching.