10

- birthday baby-

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY BELLY"

Laurel and Angelica stood behind the kitchen counter. "Hi, thanks" she grinned with a smile. "We made Mickey Mouse pancakes!" Angelica grinned. "Oo pancakes" Conrad said as he jogged down the stairs.

He looked perfect, messy hair with a few strands falling over his left eye, a tight white tee and black cargo shorts. He looked good, very good.

"Happy birthday" he said to belly before kissing his girlfriends cheek. "Good morning connie" she grinned. He wrapped his arms around her waist and leaned his chin on her shoulder.

"Can I have a pancake?" He asked. "After belly has hers" Angelica said. "I'm good thanks though Angelica" belly said. Everyone began coming down.

"You made us pancakes?! You're the best jelly. Con i love her" Jeremiah grinned taking a stack. Angelica giggled while Conrad rolled his eyes. "Thanks jelly Jones" Steven said. "Anytime Sun burn" she replied.

"Jelly Jones? Sunburn?" Cassie questioned. "Well remember that movie I use to watch? Mid 90s? Well sunburns name was stevie so I thought instead of calling Steven stevie, I'll call him sun burn" she explained.

"Jelly Jones is for jellybean Jones from riverdale, I convinced her to start it" Steven shrugged. "Wait till she forces you to watch my best friends wedding" Conrad sighed. "I love Julia Roberts".

Belly was mad, of course she'd be the only one who hates Angelica. She couldn't tell if Cassie hated Angelica or was in love with her.

Present time rolled around and Angelica was excited. Belly's mother had gifted her a book with a poem in it. Conrad got her nothing strangely. Cassie bought her a dress that was a nice purple color.

Steven gave her a Princeton sweater, Jeremiah a charm, Susanna a necklace and finally it was Angelica's turn. "Okay. Now this wasn't easy seeing as we haven't talked much but I hope that changes" Angelica said.

She handed belly two boxes. "Oh, wow thanks Angelica" she said stunned. She wasn't expecting her to get her anything. She opened up the medium sized one to reveal a pinkish perfume with a label in French.

"God this must have been expensive" she muttered. She sprayed a little before smelling it. It was soft and smelled of vanilla and strawberries. She opened up the second and inside was a silver bracelet with light pink charms and pearls.

"If you dont like it i can take it back i just thought it would fit you" Angelica said. "That's a really thoughtful gift lovey" Conrad kissed her head. "Thank you truly" guilt bubbled at the bottom of Bellys stomach.

-------

Angelica and Conrad and decided to go out to the pool. Jeremiah, Steven, belly, Cassie and some blonde were all in the pool. "Oh Taylor this is Angelica, Angelica this is Taylor my friend from home" belly said.

"It's nice to meet you. You're very pretty" Angelica smiled at Taylor. "Thanks" Taylor said. Angelica looked at Conrad and shrugged before sitting at the edge.

The two chattered mindlessly until a ball came flying into Angelica's face. "Ah!" She let out holding her now bleeding nose. Cassie roughly shoved Taylor and swam to Angelica.

"Oops" Taylor giggled. "Taylor!" Belly grumbled. Cassie jumped from the pool and guided Angelica inside with Conrad. "What? I didn't mean to" Taylor snickered. The blonde leaned in "I thought you said you and Cassie hated her" Taylor said.

"I think Cassie might be in love with her" belly confessed. Conrad came storming out "what is your problem" he asked Taylor with folded arms. "What? It was a total accident" she rolled her eyes. "Accident my ass. Belly keep your friend on a leash" he snapped.

"Come on belly lets go look at ourselves in the mirror some more" referring to the argument Conrad and belly had. "Yeah have fun with that" Conrad said before walking back to Angelica.

"I'm fine I'm fine I promise." Angelica smiled at Cassie who frantically tried to help her. "Angie you're bleeding" Cassie said. "I'm okay. I appreciate you always being there for me Cass. I love you" she said.

Cassie's heart hammered in her chest. "You love me?" She repeated. "Of course, I don't know what I would do without you. You're one of the most important people to me" Angelica said. Guilt burned Cassie's throat as she uttered "I love you too".

It had been too late to erase all the harm coming Angelica's way. Cassie would have to just beg for forgiveness. She felt like a monster as Angelica hugged her.

Angelica had trusted her with her life.