16

-The summer picnic-

CASSIE STOOD OVER HER FRIEND SHAKING HER AWAKE.

"Angie! They are setting off fireworks" she said. Angelica had been asleep for the past 4 of 5 hours because she ended up crying herself to sleep in Conrad's arms.

"I'll be down in a bit" her throat raw. Cass nodded and left down stairs. Angelica slipped into a pair of Conrad's sweats and his sweater and went downstairs. Conrad sat on the couch waiting for her. "Angel" he stood quickly.

"Hi Connie" she gave him a soft smile. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her forehead. "I planned something for you" he muttered into her hair. She loved how warm Conrad was.

She snuggled into his chest and wrapped her arms around his torso. The two stood in each others embrace before Conrad pulled away. He led her down close to the water, a similar spot to when they fell asleep there.

Artificial candles planted in the sand, two large blankets, three pillows and a small basket. "You always said you wanted a-" "picnic on the beach" she breathed out. She turned to look at Conrad.

Love filled her eyes, if this was a cartoon giant red hearts would be over her eyes. "I love you Conrad" she said. "I love you too. Come on i brought you some barbecue, I know you haven't eaten".

The couple sat down and began eating and watching the fireworks jere was setting off. "I'll be right back" Angelica said holding up her barbecued fingers. Conrad nodded and watched her walk all the way back to the house.

Belly sat beside him. "She's crazy you know" belly said making him scoff. "She should have done more than slap you belly. I was hoping she would have done what she use to do" Conrad said. "Like what? Cyber bully?".

"Like slam girls faces into hand dryers, windows and a locker" he said flatly. Bellys eyes widened "how can you be with someone like that?". "Because she's amazing. She's beautiful and kind" he turned to look at her,

Their faces close "would you ever think about me in that way?" Belly whispered. Her eyes tracked down to his lips. "Watch out!" Jeremiah yelled as a firework came flying near Conrad and belly. Conrad knew Jeremiah had intentionally tried to hit them.

Conrad came marching back. "What the hell is your problem?" They said in unison. "My problem? You shot a firework at me" Conrad gestured to his previous spot. Jeremiah looked around before looking at Conrad.

"What do you think you're doing with belly? Listen Conrad, Angelica loves you. Don't hurt her because you have a fucked up attitude all summer" Jeremiah snapped.

His tone lowered "you hurt Angelica I'm gonna do the same thing to belly since you care about her so much. Angelica is a wonderful person and anyone would be more than lucky to have her so get it together or someone else will" he said and walked off.

As on cue Angelica came walking out. "Are the fireworks over already? I wanted to help Jere with one" she frowned. She spotted belly next to Conrad and glared. "I saved the big one for you jelly" Jeremiah came back.

Her eyes lit up "let's do this jere!" She grinned. Angelica had a special bond with Jeremiah. When Angelica was 10 her brother Andrew left. Andrew, who was 14 at the time had a huge fight with their parents and ran away.

Jeremiah reminded her so much of Andrew. They had the same attitude, liked the same things. "Okay here" Jeremiah handed her the lighter. "Thanks And-Jere" she corrected herself.

"What were you about to call me?" He questioned. She sighed in defeat. "Andrew, my brother. You remind me so much of him" she said. "When is the last time you seen him?" Jeremiah asked.

"I was ten. He came up to my room, handed me this and said-".

"Don't forget everything I've taught you Mariposa" he held a tight smile. "Where are you going Andy?" Young Angelica's face twisted into confusion. "No where. Just a sleepover" he smiled at his sister. He placed a gold necklace in her hand with a Angelica written on it and a butterfly above the I .

"Good night" he stood from her bed. "Good night Andy. Be back soon okay? I'd miss you too much" she said. He gave a slight sad look and muttered an I will.

"That was the last time I ever saw him" her eyes held sadness. Jeremiah pulled her into a hug. Every birthday she waited for him to come back. The only thing she really wished for was for her brother. Beside Alex, he taught her a lot.

He showed her how to make the best of what you have. And it's been 7 years without him and it still hurts.

HAIIII ok so I never explained myself but a lot of these characters have a lot of deeper meaning.

So let's break it down !!!

I gave sky a child like feel with a thick accent because she reminds me a lot of my mother. My mom has a really strong accent so I based sky off of my mom.

Aaron is Angelica abusive ex who kinda went away after she had someone protect her. Aka Conrad

Andy is her brother that ran away because of their father and mother always leaving them

And Jeremiah has 0 romantic feelings toward Angelica he just said that so Conrad would get it together.