15

-The summer i hit a Conklin-

"MAY I PRESENT! THE BELLY SPECIAL"

Belly exclaimed loudly holding glasses in her hand. She spotted a pair of long tan legs in Conrad's lap. His hand gentle drawing shapes into the persons knee.

Angelica and Cassie laid on beach towels. Angelica snuggled in close watching something Cassie was showing her on her phone. Nicole, Shayla, Steven, Jeremiah and Gigi all sat in chairs.

Angelica let out giggles as she watched the video of a dog with drawn eyebrows on. "What are you giggling at?" Conrad asked. Angelica sat up and went to whisper in his ear. Periodically giggling a bit.

Conrad laughed, it was her giggle that made him laugh. Belly handed everyone a drink. Angelica refused to drink, saying she didn't want a hangover on her pre birthday.

Angelica's birthday was exactly 2 days after the Fourth of July. July 6th was her birthday and she was excited. Officially 18 this year. Conrad was turning 18 few months after her.

Her phone buzzed with an unknown caller. "Hey im gonna go take this" Angelica said and walked off alone. "Hello?" She said. "Hey Angel " Aaron said. Her blood ran cold "how did you get this number?" She swallowed thickly.

"Did you seriously think I wasn't gonna find you?" Her face had something of distraught and anger. "Fuck you Aaron" she gritted her teeth. "All in due time. But seriously, you're so pretty. Like a Angel".

Aaron circled her like a lion, "my pretty girl" he said. It was something about the way he said my that made her sick. He placed a palm on her face. She flinched, eyes closing. "Look at me" his cold voice demanded. Her eyes opened.

"Your eyes are so innocent like an Angel. Makes me want to...pluck your wings" his cold fingers ran down her arm. Goosebumps left in his wake. "Would you like that? So you'll never leave me? I can protect you Angel" he whispered.

Someone with such innocent doe eyes that was this evil made her sick. Her tongue pressed to the roof of her mouth. She nodded, a tear threatened to spill. His hand came quick to her jaw, his thumb and index finger pressing harshly on her jaw.

It was sure to leave bruising. "You will never leave me" his sick tone burned into her head.

"Did I make you speechless?" He asked. "Fuck you Aaron" she hung up the phone and quickly blocked the number. She let out a deep shakey breath. Angelica came and sat down beside Conrad.

"Oh good ms.perfect is here" belly slurred. "Excuse me?" Angelica looked up from her hands. Her teeth buried deep in her lip. Belly drunkenly chuckled "guess you're not that perfect. More like obvious".

"Belly now isn't a good time" Angelica said. Cameron kept trying to pull belly away. "Wait cam I need to say this" she pushed him away. "You think you're so high and mighty but in reality people hate you!".

The metallic taste of blood filled Angelica's mouth. "I mean maybe you don't want to see that not only has your boyfriend fell out of love but what your 'best friend' is doing to you!".

Angelica glanced at Cassie whose fist balled. "You're real dumb you know that? I mean Cassie hates you, I hate you, your parents probably do and Conrad will hate you when he finds out" she continued.

"What are you yammering about Conklin?" Angelica glared. "I'm on about you being Aaron's. I know you want him, you're his pretty bir-" belly was cut off by Angelica lunging at her.

A loud smack was heard, heart sored through bellys cheek. Her face whipped to the side, gasp littering the group.
"I tried so hard to be nice to you!" Angelica shoved belly back.

Everyone around them watched in shock. "I've tried so fucking hard" tears streamed down her face. Her voice began to waver "fuck you Isabel Conklin. And Aaron" she gave belly a rough shove and stormed off.

Bellys ass hit the ground, the smack had surely sobered her up. Conrad got up to chase after Angelica while Cassie stayed frozen with the rest of everyone. Cameron pulled belly way and to the house.

"We can all agree we all wanted to do that right?" Nicole asked. Shayla nodded while Gigi sent them a look. "I'm going to go check on her" Cassie swallowed thickly.

Angelica was sat on the floor sobbing. There was so much to cry about she didn't know what to start with. Conrad mumbled soothing words in her ear as he held her. Cassie knocked on the door.

Angelica looked up "Cass" the girls voice was weak and fragile like glass. "Don't listen to belly she's drunk" Cassie said. "How does she know about Aaron?" Angelica asked.

"I'm not sure" Cassie said. "Cassie...please don't lie to me." The way she looked at her made her heart wrench with guilt and sadness. "Angelica I'd never do anything to hurt you" Cassie placed her hands on the girls knees.

And so stupidly Angelica believed her.