40

The summer i would always be there

-A best friend-

NAUSEA SWARMED ANGELICA'S STOMACH.

Guilt filled the girl, she had been so terrible to the girl the past few months. "Sweetie?" Caroline said. "Yes" Angelica answered, her eyes dazed. "I can't watch over her this weekend. If it's not too much could you come by and-" Caroline was cut off.

"I'm on my way over" Angelica said. "Thank you"Caroline muttered. The call hung up and Conrad came out. "Angelica who-" he stopped at the look on her face.

Her face read nothing but heart break. "What happened" he frowned. "I need to go. Cass tried to kill herself and it's all my fault" the girl choked on sobs.

He rubbed her back and let her cry. Argued about 20 minutes she pulled away. "I never said goodbye because it wasn't the end of us" she said reaching up and pressing a soft kiss on his lips.

—————————

Her drive was agonizingly slow.  When the familiar house came into view she practically jumped out of the car after putting it in park and ran inside.

"Angelica? What-" Cassandra was cut off by Angelica pulling her into her arms. Cassie wrapped her arms back around the girl. "If you ever die I'll kill you myself" Angelica muttered into the blondes hair.

"What are you doing here?" Cassie asked after the Latina pulled away. "I told you I'd always be here for you". Angelica felt like she was always repeating that phrase yet who was there for her? Surly not anyone she was there for that's for sure.

"Angelica I'm really sorry. Maybe we can be friends?" Cassie asked. Angelica wanted to laugh, did she seriously think Angelica could forget about what she had done?

"Yeah of course" Angelica smiled. Cassandra had been going thorough enough so Angelica decided to be serious and be her friend.

Angelica grabbed her bags from the car and unpacked into the room beside Cassie's. It was just like old times, the two girls cuddled next to each other and their pajamas. Cassie's blonde hair sprawled on the Mendoza girls lap.

The two girls were watching my best friends wedding laughing and smiling. It was like nothing had ever happened. Angelica's phone buzzed in her pocket. She pulled her phone out Conrad.

Conrad: I miss you

She smiled softly. She loved Conrad, that was the bottom line, she'd always love him. She couldn't hurt him anymore no matter what he had done to her.

Lovey: I miss you too

Conrad smiled at his phone, despite what was happening around him he was happy. Belly stared at her ex with anger.  It was just like a few months ago.

Belly followed a walking away Conrad. "Is it true?" Belly yelled at him. "What? Me going to college? Yes it's true belly, that's what people my age do" he rolled his eyes.

"But you're going to brown. She is at brown" belly pointed out, her tone covered in disgust. "She?" He asked cocking his head to the side. "You know who she is. Angelica! We can't even be happy together because she'll always be in the way wether she left your ass or not" belly snapped.

"She didn't leave me." His eyes casted with a mix of anger and sadness. "She fucking left Conrad! But you left her first". "She didn't say goodbye! You don't leave without saying goodbye" he replied back.

"Why would you even go out with me if you're so stuck on her? I'll always be second to her won't I?" Bellys tone laced with heartbreak. "I don't know!" He shouted. "I don't know belly. I thought I liked you, I did" he sighed.

"But you Just-" he cut her off "love her" he finished. Belly nodded trying to keep her tears from falling. "She'll never take you back. Not after being with me" belly said. His lips pressed into a thin line.

"I know" He muttered. "We're done conrad" she shook her head. "I'm sorry belly." He said. "Me too" tears flowed down the girls cheeks. "Good bye belly" conrad said before going upstairs.

Goodbye

He had signified their relationship was gone and it wasn't coming back. Ever