34

The summer I kissed your brother
Ps. Messy revenge Angelica

-Revenge-

IT WAS ABOUT 2 WHEN ANGELICA FINALLY WOKE UP.

She came down the stairs in a small play boy bunny top and gray sweats. Everyone seemed mostly gone so she was gonna try for a run though it was a bit early for her normal runs.

She entered the kitchen and saw Conrad standing my the coffee machine. Many memories filled her head of last summer making late night snacks with him in this very kitchen.

"Hey" Conrad turned to face her. "Hi" she replied walking toward the fridge. "I had um got you apple juice yesterday" he pointed to the door of the fridge. Sure enough a bottle of Mott's apple juice sat there.

"Thanks" she mumbled and pulled it from the fridge. "Belly and jere disappeared for a little while. So I was hoping we could talk you know?" He asked. "I don't think that's a good idea".

"Why not" Conrad frowned. She gave him a 'seriously' look. "We didn't get to have our closure, we never even said we were breaking up you just left" he said.

"Conrad the second you looked through me meant we were done." Her hands tighten slightly around the cup she held. "Lovey-" she cut him off.

"Conrad. We are over, we've been over" she shook her head. His eyes filled with pain as he looked at her hand again. Still no ring and the tan line was even starting to fade.

"We are back!" Jeremiah announced  through the house. He and belly held grocery bags "morning jelly" Jeremiah smiled at the Latina ruffling her hair with his free hand.

"Quit it jere" she slapped his hand and flattened down her hair once more. "We went to see aunt Julia too" Jeremiah said and Conrad stiffened. "I'm gonna go get the bags from the car" belly and Angelica said together and left quickly.

-
the group of four teenagers had sat in the dining room as they prepared to hear from the one and only adam fisher.

"dad should be calling soon" conrad muttered to his brother. "Maybe I shouldn't be here for this" she went to stand up in her seat. "stay, i want you here lovey" conrad grasped her wrist gently.

She frowned as her heart fluttered. He looked at her with desperate eyes making her sit back down beside him. His hand never retreated from her wrist.

Conrad's phone rang and he instantly answered it. "dad hey" he spoke into the phone. "'hey con, only got about a few minutes'" Adam replied to his son. The man and his son began discussing the issue of the house.

Ultimately Adam refused to let either of them access their trust fund. It made Angelica think of her own trust find. She was going to be 19 soon so she could most definitely access it whenever she wanted.

Maybe this could be the revenge she needed on Conrad. Watching him fail at saving the house that held the worse memories Angelica has ever had.

She felt dirty for the thought. She couldn't do that to Jeremiah or Susannah. For now it would be her secret until she found something appropriate.

The call ended and tension was left in the air. The door swung open "surprise!" A familiar voice that made Angelica smile soared through the house. Steven Conklin and Taylor came into view. Angelica darted from her seat to hug onto Steven.

Steven's arm wrapped around the girls waist. "I've missed you so much sun burn" she muttered into his shoulder. "Wouldn't miss me so much if you just answered the phone Jb" he laughed.

The hug had lasted for a second too long as Conrad became angry. He couldn't stand the sight of it. Angelica, his Angelica pressed so close against another guy.

The two saying inside jokes to each other and laughing. "Can I get my hug in or?" Jeremiah asked. The two pulled apart and Steven hugged Jeremiah. "Sorry man she has a knack for ghosting people" Steven laughed.

"I did not ghost you. I texted you a few nights ago" she rolled her eyes. Conrad's jaw clenched hard as he watched the three laugh and joke.

———————

They were all watching a movie when Conrad had gotten a text and stormed out. Angelica wanted to chase him but Steven did.

Steven came back in with a look on his face. "Can i talk to you? Upstairs?" Steven asked pointing to the stairs. Angelica nodded and followed the Conklin boy.

The two got to Steven's old and very vacant room. "So it's official?" Steven asked. "It's been for a while Stevie." She replied leaning against the window sill. "Did you come for him?" Steven asked.

"I came because I promised Susannah I'd always be there for her boys." She muttered. Steven joined her by the window. Comfortable silence loomed the air.

"Angelica" he muttered. She was surprised to hear her full name fall from the boys lips. She made a sound of acknowledgment and looked up at him.

"You didn't deserve what happened to you" he mumbled. Steven swooped down and kissed Angelica. Angelica pulled away a second later. "Why did you kiss me" her eyes squinted.

"I don't know. I just wanted to, in the moment" he confessed his head dropping to his hands. "I don't want to ruin anything between us I just you.... god" he sighed in defeat.

She lifted his head up "it won't ruin anything between us." She kissed his cheek and left his room. Coming out she bumped into belly. "What were you doing?" Belly glared.

"Kissing your delicious brother" she replied flatly. "This summer is gonna be hell Isabel Conklin, this is only the beginning" Angelica shoulder checked her and walked down stairs.

SORRY BUT SHE HAD TO KISS STEVEN SHE JUS HAD TO