31

The summer I was an idiot for you

-Idiot-

ANGELICA WALKED WITH CONRAD TRAILING BEHIND HER.

"You don't need to walk me to my apartment, Conrad" she muttered. "I want to make sure you're safe." He replied, hands shoved deep into his pockets.

She paused and turned around "what does it matter to you? Look you just need to stay on your side of the campus." She glared at him.

"Love-" she cut him off, "Angelica, my name is Angelica. Leave me alone Conrad". He stood dumbfounded. "I'll always protect and love you, lovey. I believe I made that clear in my letters" he said.

"I wouldn't know, I didn't read them" she lied. Conrad's face dropped "you didn't read them?" He sounded so hurt it made guilt seep into her chest. "I have no idea where they are" lie. They were on the floor of her closet. Most of them were opened.

"Have a good night conrad and take care of yourself" she said before opening her apartment door and shutting it in his face. Nici and Matt stood with their arms crossed.

"Fuck!" Angelica placed her hand over her chest. "You fucked up big time geli" nici said. "What? How?" The girl shrugged off her jacket.

"You ran after him" Matt shook his head. "I had to" Angelica replied walking around her roommates to her room. They followed behind her

"we know you love him geli. But you said it yourself you couldn't take much heartbreak" nici placed a hand on her friends knee.

"I told him I didn't read the letters" Angelica confessed. Matt shook his head with a sigh "Angelica Taylor" the boy deadpanned. "I need him to hate me. If he stays away i won't go back" the girl frowned.

"You know that boy will never hate you." Nici shot her a look. "Not after you being there when his mom died and when he went off the rails" Matt shook his head.

Eventually her roommates left to go to sleep but she lied away fiddling with the ring attached to the necklace she wore. She wanted to throw it in the ocean but she just couldn't. It took her months to even take it off her finger.

Her phone lit up with a call Connie baby. Hesitantly she answered "Conrad-" he cut her off. "I need you lovey" he drunkenly sobbed. "My aunt is trying to sell the beach house and I jus..I need you here" he cried.

Her eyes glossed up "I can't" she muttered. "You promised! You promised me and jere you'd always be here for us." He cried harder. Her heart wrenched, she did promise.

She can't, she wouldn't. Conrad hurt her she'd be so stupid to run back to him. "Sober up Conrad" she muttered and hung up. She wouldn't run back to him.

Or at least that's what she told her self though she sat in her car with her bags packed. Her heart felt heavy as she passed the 'welcome to cousins' sign. Back to square one with Conrad fisher and she was an idiot.

But she was an idiot who still loved her first love or at least the version she kept in her head.

GUYS OMG OMG #1 in CONRADFISHER IS SO INSANE IM LIKE OMG