13

-The news-

THE WAVES CRASHED LOUDLY AGAINST THE SHORE WAKING ANGELICA UP.

Conrad looked down at her "good morning" he smiled. "Good morning Connie" she sat up and stretched. "Let's go inside" Conrad's offered.

"Where have you two been?" Susanna asked as the couple walked through the door. "Fell asleep on the beach" Conrad replied. "Good morning Susanna" Angelica smiled at the blonde before going upstairs.

By the time Angelica came down everyone was up and downstairs. The fabric of her pink scratchy top made her uncomfortable. She always dressed a bit different when her parents came.

White heeled sandals on her feet and a Jean skirt wrapped around her thighs. Angelica's hair was curled perfectly. "God you're beautiful" Conrad muttered as she walked toward him. Pink flushed her cheeks "thanks Connie" she leaned up and kissed him.

"Soooo what are we doing for the forth?" Angelica asked plopping beside jere. "I got the best fireworks! I can't wait for dad to see it" a large grin on the curly haired boys face.

"Oo fireworks? I'm glad my sister is coming up! She loves fireworks" Angelica said. Jeremiah's eyes shone at the mention of Alex. "Alex is coming?" He asked. She nodded "she asked about you" Angelica smirked.

Her sister Alex had little to no interest in Jeremiah. He was too young for her 18 year old sister. Susanna enters the room looking a bit nervous. "Cassie honey....can I speak to you in the other room? You too Connie" she said.

The blonde woman fidgeted with her fingers. "Do you need me too? Is everything okay?" Angelica asked, concern written on her face. "Yeah! We are all good" Susanna smiled. "Oh okay." Angelica said awkwardly and turned toward Jeremiah.

Cassie and Conrad followed Susanna out to the front yard. "What's wrong?" Conrad asked. "Angelica's sister called. She seemed frantic and worried" Susanna looked back toward the house making sure Angelica was near.

"Some guy, Aaron, is in Boston and Alex was very clear on making sure Angelica wouldn't find out" Susanna said. "Aaron?" Conrad asked confused. Cassie's eyes held something fearful.

"Does he know she's here?" Cassie asked. "I don't think so. Alex said he came knocking on their door wanting to speak with her" Susanna said. Cassie's heart sunk at the thought of Aaron.

He hasn't bothered her in nearly a year. What could he possibly want now? When finally it clicked Isabel Conklin. Cassie knew Angelica would hate her forever if she thought she had something to do with this.

"Okay. I got It, thanks Susannah" Cassie said running her fingers through her hair after Susannah left. Conrad watched her in a confused expression. Cassie looked up from the floor to his eyes. "What?" She asked. "What's with that look in your eye?" He glared.

"Aaron is....obsessed with Angelica. Psychotically. They dated in freshman and sophomore year before Angelica ended it," she took a pause looking back at her friend.

Angelica was laughing and smiling with Laurel and Jeremiah. She looked at Conrad once more "he terrorized her after the break up. Showing up in her house, classes, job. He finally seemed to back off once you came around" Cassie admitted.

"She's been having....nightmares. Throwing up in the middle of the night, crying, not sleeping" Conrad said. Cassie frowned, she wanted to kill belly. If her theory was true she was going to kill the girl for what she had done.

The duo went back to the girl. This time she was in a contest with jere seeing who could do a handstand longer. Her long tan legs stood straight in the air and her raven hair brushed against the floor.

"You alright there jere?" She asked. "Never better jelly" he replied. Neither were okay but they had to outlast the other. Angelica caught glimpse of Conrad's shoes.

"Hi baby" she grinned, "what are you doing?" Conrad asked. His head titled with a smile on his face. "Kicking Jeremiah's ass" she giggled. "Mi hermana!" Alexandria burst threw the door.

The duo came crumbling down. Angelica quickly got up running to her sister. Alexandria Mendoza was a 5'8 Latina with jet black hair that flowed down her back, full pink lips, long eyelashes, perfect brown eyes and a tan skin.

She smelled of floral perfume and her accent was a bit thick like their mothers. Alexandria pulled her sister in a hug tightly. She wasn't just holding her because she missed her. She hugged her with pity and fear.

If only her sweet little sister knew the storm brewing in Boston for her.