12

-A girls party-

BELLY KNOCKED ON CONRADS ROOM DOOR.

She had received a text from him to come there. Conrad opened the door in a black shirt and navy blue pj pants. "Come in" he said and led her in the room.

Cassie and Angelica turned to face her. Both girls laying in the bed with snacks surrounding them. "Hey about time!" Angelica grinned. "What is this?" Belly squinted. "Well you and Cass weren't feeling the best so I thought we would have a girls movie night" Angelica said.

Belly's eyes drifted to the girls navy blue sweater and matching shorts. She had matching pajamas with Conrad. Belly recalled Conrad saying he'd only ever match with someone he truly loved.

"Have fun" Conrad said and left out of the door. "So I was thinking we can watch this movie called my best friends wedding?" Angelica asked. Cassie nodded and they looked at belly to answer.

She plopped down next to the girls. Belly found herself feeling much better. The end of her birthday and she was spending it in the arms of the girl she vowed to hate. Belly looked over at the girl who laughed at a joke in the movie.

Her heart wrenched as she thought about what was going to happen. She felt terrible but her love for Conrad was way stronger.

-------

Angelica lurched over the toilet, emptying out her insides. This time she couldn't cry, she just stared off blankly. Dark circles under her eyes and her hair disheveled. She hadn't had a nightmare about Aaron in over a year. Why now?

A few knocks came to the door. "Lovey?" Conrad's raspy voice called. She didn't have the energy to answer. "I'm coming in" he said after a few beats. He slowly opened the door.

There angelica sat on the cold wood floor. Her once joyful brown eyes were lifeless, she looked terrible. Conrad closed the door behind him and sat next to her. He didn't say anything as she leaned her head on his shoulder.

The scent of him calming her twisting stomach. "I'm scared Connie" she muttered. Her voice hoarse and broken. "Whatever it is, I'll be here for you" he said. Conrad hadn't known about Aaron.

He knew the stuff he did just not who he was. He helped her, and she fell in love with him. He was her home, a friend and a soulmate in one. "You've always healed me Connie" she mumbled.

"I always plan to" he replied. He intertwined their fingers and laid them on his lap. "I love you" they said together. The couple laughed a bit. "Let's get you to bed" he said kissing her forehead.

"Can we maybe go sit on the beach first?" She asked. He nodded and stood up pulling her with him. She brushed her teeth quickly and followed him out. Conrad brought two blankets with them.

He found a spot and laid out the first cover. The couple laid down beside each other and tangled themselves in the second blanket. Angelica drew hearts on Conrad's chest as they listened to the waves.

"You'll always be my first love Conrad fisher" she muttered. "You'll always be mine, Angelica loven Mendoza" he replied. Silence fell over them once more as they basked in the moment.