11

-Downhill-

"ANGELICA! HI" NICOLE GREETED THE MENDOZA GIRL.

"Hey Nicole! Thanks for the invite" Angelica smiled at her. Nicole and Angelica had met on the beach one day while Angelica was waiting for Conrad.

Angelica dragged Cassie to get a drink. The two found some beer and took a swig. Cassie gagged while Angelica's face twisted up. "That's terrible" they said together before laughing a bit.

The two in unison continued to drink the cheap beer. Eventually after their fourth beer they were buzzed. Conrad watched as Angelica danced. Angelica's hips moving so seductively to the beat as Cassie swayed behind her.

Angelica's eyes flicked to his. She couldn't lie he looked good like always. A few strands hung in his face, man spread and the way a tight white shirt looked on him. He was high, his eyes hung low as he watched her.

"Excuse me!" A boy said from behind her killing their moment. She turned to be met with a tall blonde with green eyes and small freckles on his cheeks. "I'm Conner. I wanted to say you are beautiful and I was hoping I could have your number?" He said over the music.

"I have a boyfriend" Angelica said flatly. "Conrad fisher. I know" he replied. Who did he think he ways. "If you know then why are you still here" her once angelic face twisted into a annoyed and slightly disgusted one.

"You don't have to be a bitch" he muttered. "And you don't have to be desperate but here we are" she snapped. "Why would you get with him? What can he offer you? Some stupid beach house?" He asked.

Angelica wasn't sure what came over her, perhaps the cheap beer. She drew her fist back and punched the blonde in the face. "Fuck off before I shove my foot so far up your ass you'll be coughing up rhinestones!" She grumbled.

Conrad walked over "gotta stop punching people at parties. Hey Cassandra you okay?" He looked at the blonde. Her face pink with glossy eyes. She looked almost troubled.

"I'm good condoor. I'm gonna go get a drink" she said and walked off quickly. The couple shrugged to each other and went upstairs to a bathroom. "What was that about?" He asked. "The guy or Cass?" She asked sitting on the counter.

"The guy" he said. "Just being a dick" she muttered. "You can't hit everyone because they said something" he lectured. "Says the one who fought at the first bonfire" she rolled her eyes.

"I fought in your honor" he said. "My hero" she batted her eyelashes. They laughed a bit, she always liked Conrad's laugh. He looked worry free, so happy. She loved that "hey I'm gonna go check on Cass. Meet in like 15?" She asked.

"Yeah and don't punch anyone else" he said pointedly. She laughed and kiss his lips "i love you Connie" she muttered. "I love you too" he replied before watching her leave.

On her way down the hall she ran into a crying belly. "Woah! Belly what's wrong?" Angelica asked. "Steven and Taylor" she sobbed. Angelica wrapped her arms around belly in a tight hug.

Belly hugged back sobbing into the girls exposed shoulder. "It will be alright. Do you want to go home?" Angelica asked. Belly nodded "I'm gonna go find Cassie can you get Conrad for me?" She asked.

Belly sniffles and nodded before watching the girl disappear down the steps. "Conrad?" Belly croaked walking up and down the hallway.

The bathroom door opened and Conrad stood there. "Yes belly?" He said, his tone flat. "Angelica asked me to come get you. We are going home can you drive us?" She asked.

"Yeah." He said and walked past her fishing the keys from his pocket. The two got in the car and waited for the blonde and brunette. "Conrad" belly spoke. The boy gave a lazy noise of acknowledgement.

"Why didn't you tell me about Angelica last summer?" She asked. He sighed "it was new. I wasn't even fully convinced she wanted me" he said. "Who else would she want?" Belly asked.

He got quiet for a moment before saying "learn to mind your own business". Belly fell back in her seat in defeat. Angelica pulled open the backseat and set cassie inside.

She then closed the door and got in on the passenger side. The ride was silence as Angelica started out at the moon. Conrad and her fingers intertwined on the middle console.