33

The summer I kept my promised

-Promise-

"WHAT IS SHE DOING HERE"

Conrad's tone laced with disgust as he looks at belly. Angelica shook her head "this is stupid" she muttered to herself. "Relax Conrad." Jeremiah grumbled.

Angelica's heels clicked against the hardwood floors. "You really shouldn't leave the door open you know" she pushed the door close startling the three teenagers. "Jelly you came!" Jeremiah grinned running to hug her.

She hugged back "I told you I'd always be here for your jere," her eyes darted to Conrad's "I always keep my promises" she said. The boy pulled away and gestured her to a seat at the table.

Angelica didn't bother acknowledging belly who was already fuming in her seat. "Lovey you came? Why" Conrad asked, his tone soft. Angelica looked at him but it wasn't the same. There was no hopeful glee she shown him a night ago.

Her eyes were blank yet angry. She was mad at him for making her come here. Though it was her own free will for making promises to Susannah and Jeremiah it was him that she made the promise for.

It was him that made her jump in her car and speed over here like road laws didn't exist. "I made promises" she answered. She looked away from him and back to Jeremiah. "What did I miss?" She asked.

"Nothing. You don't belong here" belly snapped. "Isabel this isn't exactly you're house either. I'm here for Jeremiah" Angelica rolled her eyes.

Jeremiah and Conrad began talking about the house while Angelica sat uncomfortably in her seat."how long did you know about this and not tell me?" Jeremiah suddenly asked.

"jere, this was all happening so fast." conrad tried to explain with pleading eyes. "i was going to tell you after i'd taken care of it." Conrad shrugged.

"this is you taking care of it?" jeremiah asked sarcastically, "going awol,ditching school, making the girl you betrayed drive 3 hours in the middle of the night alone?" Conrad tried to ignore the guilt that harbored in his chest.

Angelica had slight dark circles and continuously yawned through the conversation. At first he thought she was just bored but she looked nearly asleep. She must have been up all night and day from looking for him to driving to cousins for him.

"connie, you have to go back or you'll fail your class." jeremiah tried to reason with his brother "Fuck school!" Conrad grumbled. "I don't care" he added. Angelica held in a laugh knowing he sounded like a child.

"You can't even acknowledge what you did to her? You broke Angelica's heart Conrad but she jumped the come find you. She drove fucking hours probably in the middle of the night to help you." Jeremiah grumbled. This made Angelica fidget uncomfortably.

"She didn't do this for me she did this for you Jeremiah" Conrad scoffed. Both brothers looked at Angelica. "Look. I said I'd be here for both of you. I promised Susannah that." The latina stood from her chair.

"Where are you going?" Conrad asked standing up as well. "I'm hungry Conrad." She said and left the home. She drove to the pier to find a good burger place.

She walked into the burger place. It reminded her of pops from Riverdale. Oh how she missed Steven, he was a good friend to her.

"Angelica?" A familiar voice said from behind her. She turned around to see Cameron. "Cam! Hey" she offered him a bright smile. He smiled back "long time no see". "Yeah it's been a while. How have you been?" She asked him.

He shrugged and told her about his current life. She filled him in on hers as they waited for their food. "Order for Angelica!" The cashier called. Angelica went to grab her food before walking back to Cameron.

"It was really nice to catch up though we didn't talk much" he said. "It was. Maybe i'll see you around" she said with a smile. Cameron watched her began to walk out of the restaurant before he ran after her. "Angelica!" He called.

She turned around "yeah?" She asked. "I was wondering if I could have your number. So you'll definitely see me around" he asked fidgeting with the bottom of his shirt.

She grinned and pulled out her phone. He copied her actions and the two exchanged numbers. "Goodbye cam" she waved. "Later Angelica" he waved back and watched her drive off before running back in to get his food.