17

-Maybe-

CONRAD AWOKE TO TWO MESSAGES

Belly: Good morning ☀️
My Angel: Good morning Connie, went on a run, I'll be back with donuts love you ❤️

He smiled at the messages though he wasn't sure which he was exactly smiling about. "Aw are you smiling at my text?" A voice said. He locked his phone and turned around.

Angelica stood in a pink track suit and her hair thrown in a high ponytail. "Good morning" he smiled. She handed him a donut and coffee. "How'd you sleep?" She asked pecking his cheek.

"I slept really good, how was your run?" He asked smiling back at her. He watched as she moved around the room. "It was pretty good. I love it up here" she said with a smile.

"Maybe we should buy a house up here sometime" he said. Conrad set his stuff down and walked over to wrap his arms around her. "What do you think? A beautiful beach house like this one, couple of little Conrad's running around" he kissed her cheek.

She giggled "couple of Conrad's? I think the world can handle only one you". He shook his head "fine fine. Little Angelica's but seriously. Moving to cousins after college" he smiled softly.

She turned around to face him. "Conrad fisher are you saying you wanna build a family with me?" She asked. "Yes Angelica Mendoza. I'm saying I want to build a life with you, I wanna get married to you" his eyes held love and admiration.

A blush filled her cheeks. "I'd love to marry you in the future Conrad. Now I need to take a shower!".

------

"Hey jere, good morning" Angelica jogged down stairs. "Hey" Jeremiah smiled at her. Angelica pulled up her sleeves and began washing the bowls in the sink. "You don't have to do that" Conrad smiled back at her.

"No no it's okay" she smiled. "Hey jere where is Cass?" Angelica asked. "I don't know she left early this morning" he shrugged. Angelica just nodded and decided to finish the dishes quietly as jere left.

-------

Angelica was left at home alone all day. That was until Jeremiah called her and told her to her down to the club.

"Hey jere I'm here what's up?" She said. "Angelica I need to tell you something" he said. He never ever called her Angelica. "Yeah are you okay?" She asked. He had this anxious look on his face.

"I think Conrad is cheating on you" he blurted. Her small smile faded. "What?" She laughed until she realized he wasn't laughing. "What?" She repeated. Her tone soft and worried.

"Yesterday I think they almost kissed or did kiss" he admitted. "There's no way" she shook her head. "Conrad he-he set up that picnic for me and I was only gone for...a few minutes" she said. She stumbled backwards before sitting onto the ground. Nausea waved over her.

"You had to have seen wrong jere. We talked about getting married this morning, Conrad loves me" she searched his eyes for something. Anything that could make this be a joke.

"I said I think" he said. He couldn't stand the look of heart break in her eyes. She laughed a bit but it was dry and she was definitely on the verge of tears.

She swallowed thickly and stood up. "Jelly...." He trailed. A large smile took over her features. A tear slid down her cheek "it isn't true" she said.

"Jel-" he was cut off by her leaving. It wasn't true it couldn't be true.

"Last night we almost kissed." Belly said to Conrad. "Did we? I was pretty wasted after Angelica went to sleep" Conrad replied. He then turned "you haven't seen her have you? She isn't answering my calls".

"No Conrad I haven't seen you're girlfriend" belly grumbled and stormed off. Conrad pulled out his phone and called again.

Hey it's Angelica, leave a message at the beep!

He groaned and went inside. "Jere? Cass? have you seen Angelica?" He asked the two blondes. "Not since the country club." Jeremiah said. "I haven't seen her all day, she isn't returning my text" Cass said holding up her phone.

Cass ☀️
Hey wanna grab lunch?
Angie?
Hello?
Angelica
Are you okay?
*6 missed calls*
Hey call me back

Conrad went to grab his keys when the door opened. Angelica came waltzing in. "Where have you been?" The three shot up from their seats. Her face was blank almost like she was stunned.

"Angelica" Cassie said. The girls eyes met her friends blue ones. She let out a weak chuckle that sounded more like a scoff. She shook her head and went upstairs. The three looked at each other.

"Fix this it's definitely You're fault" Jeremiah and Cassie said together. "Mine? Last thing I told her was I love you" he frowned. The two looked at each other before walking away.

That night Conrad climbed into bed with what he assumed was a already asleep Angelica. "Conrad" she muttered. "Yes?" He asked. "Why don't you love me anymore? I thought I was doing everything right?" Her voice was barely above a whisper.

"I do love you. Ill never stop" he said. She didn't reply and instead went to sleep.