38

The summer I knew I'd love you forever

(This one is long ok bare with me)

-Call off-

ANGELICA COULDN'T STOP THINKING ABOUT WHAT CONRAD SAID.

He had already been proclaiming his love since they broke up. She wanted him back. "I can hear your thoughts" Conrad spoke from beside her. She looked up at him, eyes glazed over.

"Don't cry lovey" he dropped the blankets to pull her into her chest. There was the warm ness she missed.

"I know it's a lot and I'm sorry. I don't want you to ever feel unloved by me ever again lovey" he said. "I'll love you forever lovey. In whatever way you need me" he assured her.

Her head lifted from his chest "how can you love me so much?" She asked him. "Why would I love someone else when you're here? I didn't love belly, not even close to how much I love you" he said.

———————————

Angelica laughed as she watched Cameron freak out. The group was slowly destroying the theater. Angelica got up from her spot and approached Cameron. "Would you like us to move somewhere else?" Angelica asked.

"Please?" He looked at her with hopeful eyes. "We can go outside" she pointed to the door behind her. "They aren't gonna want to it's warm in here" Cameron frowned. "Sorry cam" she patted his shoulder before standing on a chair.

"Bundle up we are going outside" The Latina shouted. "But-" belly went to speak. "Shut up Conklin" Angelica cut her off. "Pick up your shit and go outside, giving poor cam a heart attack" Angelica announced.

The boys got up doing with the girl said marching outside. The girls following behind. "Thank you geli" he smiled. "Of course cam" she smiled back.

"Can i talk to you?" Cameron said, his tone changing. "Sure what's up?" She asked. "I don't think we should go on a date" he said.

Her smile faded "Don't get me wrong you're an amazing person to be around and I'm happy you accepted going on a date with me".

"But?" She questioned. "But i realized you'll never look at me the way you look at him. You belong together" he frowned.

"I can't bring myself to forgive Connie" she muttered. "I never said Conrad" he replied with a smirk.

"I'm sorry cam. But I do have someone you'll like" she grinned at him. Cameron grinned as she gave him Nici's Instagram.

——————————

The boys clambered into a golf cart. Taylor was in front of Angelica trying to make a apple bong. Angelica texted Nici and Matthew about her day.

"Got a new boyfriend?" Taylor suddenly asked the ravenette. Conrad turned quickly at the words. "No. Mind your business" Angelica rolled her eyes. "Whose Matt? Is he cute" Taylor asked loudly peering at her phone.

"Matt? Your roommate? They are totally having sex" Angelica knew what belly was trying to do. "I'm not fucking my roomate Isabel. Are you still fucking other people's boyfriends?" Angelica fired back.

"God get over it. Not my fault he wanted me" belly scoffed.

"God your delusional. Conrad didn't want you belly, he wrote letters for me the entirety of your relationship" Angelica shrugged.

She knew it was wrong to throw Conrad under the bus but belly deserved to have her heart crushed.

Or at least that's what Angelica told herself.

"Fuck you. You'll say anything just to cover up the fact he got bored of you" belly spat. "You're hurt. I would be too if I was unwanted" Angelica shrugged. Belly got into Angelica's face.

"What? You gonna hit me Conklin? Hit me. It won't change the fact you'll always be second to me, A runner up" Angelica tsked.

"That's enough" Taylor pulled belly from Angelica. Both girls scoffed, Angelica decided to continue texting her friends.

"Alright this one is dead!" Jeremiah laughed about the cart stoping. "Hey how about we crash out here?" Steven suggested to which everyone agreed.

Angelica sat beside Jeremiah, Conrad had plopped down next to her. Skye held up a apple bong "skye has mastered the science of a apple bong!" Taylor grinned.

The teens sat around smoking out of the apple bong except for Conrad and Angelica who smoked Angelica's pre roll. Conrad was sad at first, yet another thing that changed about her.

"Let's play truth or dare?" Taylor asked. Everyone agreed, Conrad only because he saw Angelica did. "Conrad where do you see yourself in 10 years?" Cameron asked the boy.

"Here on the Fourth of July, barbecue, digging for clams, surfing with jere and hopefully married to the love of my life for sure" he glanced at Angelica who was looking back at him before looking at Cameron.

"Making pomegranate margaritas?" Belly asked hopefully. "Yeah making pomegranate margaritas" Conrad laughed a bit. His laugh descended into a smile as he felt Angelica link her pinky with his.

It was a small step but Conrad would rather take small steps and wait on her then take big steps with anyone else.

"We aren't playing right! Belly I dare you to kiss Jeremiah" Taylor said. The group fell silent with a uncomfortable atmosphere.

"you know aren't we too old for that kinda shit" jeremiah made up an
excuse

"yeah, cam you know the drill" taylor continued. "yeah truth please" the boy laughed.

"what's your biggest regret?"

"i would probably say um, not spending enoug time with my sister before she died" the boy sighed.

Everyone collectively frowned at the revelation. "no it's okay it was like ten years ago. she was 16. i was just a kid, i really looked up to her, still look up to her".

"does it get any easier?" Jeremiah asked slowly. He nodded and explained how it felt like a scar now. This made Angelica miss Andrew like crazy. She had spent her time with him if she wasn't with her friends, partying, or something for school.

Sometimes Alex would join them or Nici and Matthew.

Angelica zoned back into the conversation with Taylor yawned loudly. Angelica rolled her eyes as did a few others.

————————

Everyone laid flat on the floor. Angelica didn't like sleeping alone so she did what she would have done, lay next to Conrad. "What are you doing?" She asked him as he surfed through his phone.

"Looking for lawyers to open my trust fund. Are you okay?" His eyes pulled off his screen to look at her. "I couldn't sleep alone" she muttered. She had never been able to sleep alone since Aaron.

The thought of him climbing in her window again scared her. Conrad pulled her into him. "Get some sleep okay? I'll be right here" he said. She snuggled into him, her back into his chest.

Angelica moved his hand to intertwine with hers. Conrad felt something cold brush on his hand.

He looked over to see it. The one thing he's been wanting to see.

Hung around her neck on a dainty little chain was

The promise ring.