Chapter 49 - walk of shame

Author's note: Trent attends the Carlton Melbourne semi final and his dad Alex Fasolo finds out.

...

"You've brought shame on our entire family!" Alex Fasolo fumed. 

"Dad, I'm sorry," Trent moaned.

"I can't believe you would do such a thing!" Alex ranted. "Your mother would've turned in her grave—"

"Dad, please," Trent sobbed, tears spilling from his eyes. "I said I was sorry—"

"I raised you better than this!" Alex went on, face full of rage. "How'd you get the ticket? What did you even wear? Is it that girlfriend of yours, I knew she was trouble—"

"Dad, no, I went on my own," Trent cried. "I just wore your old navy blue jumper, you know the one, it's on Shae's depop—"

Alex's face was thunderous. "Depop," he spat. "I told her to keep away from my things! What else is on there?"

"Ginni bought your ice cream unicorn budgy smugglers," Trent replied sheepishly. "I tried to tell him not to—"

But Alex grinned happily. "Ginni," he said, a note of pride in his voice. "I'm glad they've made it to a good home."

Trent smiled too, nervous but happy he might be let off the hook. "yeah, Ginni loves—" he started.

"Enough about Ginni!" Alex yelled angrily, the Italian in him causing him to go from 0 to 100. "This intervention isn't over, Trent Daniel Bianco! How could you do this to our family?"

"Dad, I swear, I wasn't thinking," Trent tried to explain. Tears slid down his face. "There was a spare ticket and I just took it, paid for it myself—"

"You paid to go to that garbage?" Alex screamed.

"It wasn't that much—" Trent began.

"I can't believe this," Alex fumed, throwing his arms in the air. "How did you think you'd get away with this? Imagine if I hadn't found the Zac Fisher badge in your empty cereal bowl!"

"Mum loved Zac Fisher!" Trent cried, "remember when you and mum took me to that vflm game and she got a photo with him after the game?"

Alex just sighed. "I was hoping you wouldn't remember that," he said sadly. "I warned her—"

"Dad, please, it's not that bad, it was only a few years ago, in 2019, that we were baggers—" Trent argued.

Alex flinched. "Don't ever say that word in my house again," he seethed.

Trent's face fell. "I'm sorry, Dad," he moped. "I promise it won't happen again."

Alex's eyes softened. "I'm glad to hear that," he said, placing a hand on Trent's shoulder. "As long as you didn't get sucked into their nonsense."

"No, of course not," Trent said, glancing up to lock eyes with his dad. They smiled broadly at each other. "Floreat pica."

"Floreat pica," Alex reiterated.