chapter 62 - biancinspired unemployed

Author's note: apologies for the lack of Ginni, but we gotta know how Trent's going with this unemployment thing!!!!! And as we discover in this chapter, he's going very well!!!!!!  Maybe next chapter will be about Ginni, put your ideas in the comments otherwise I might break him and Tracey up and put him on a drug bender and *is dragged off and tossed into the trash*

“There,” Trent announced proudly, slapping down a stack of pages in front of Amelia. “my first novel.”

Amelia just raised her eyebrows. “Is this from that national novel writing month of November?” She asked.

“No, this is what I've been doing since I was let go,” Trent explained.

“Oh,” Amelia said, staring at the pages and fingering the edges. “What's it about?”

“It's all the very true stories about my boss,” Trent explained happily.

Amelia frowned. “Are you sure that's wise?” She said, “I mean, you told me heaps of stuff that happened at your work and hardly any of it sounded, um, legal.”

“But it's all true,” Trent insisted. 

“She can still sue,” Amelia said wisely. “You saw how her lawyers dealt with that other guy— your co-worker— you know, the one you thought was your father.”

“He had the same name! Remember I did the DNA test and they said–” Trent cried.

“Your father is Alex,” Amelia said firmly. “Your mother wouldn't have lied about that. Stop believing everything you hear at your dad's pizza shop.”

Trent pouted. “I don't really like Alex,” he said sadly, slumping at the table. 

Amelia rested her hand gently on Trent's. “We can't choose our family,” she said. “Alex is your dad, he's doing the best he can—”

“I don't think he is,” Trent murmured.

“Look, Alex loves you—” Amelia tried.

“I wish he'd stop having baths,” Trent sighed. “I could write a whole book on his stories in the bath.”

“Then do that!” Amelia cried excitedly. She shoved the papers in front of her roughly, creasing the pages much to Trent's aghast. “Write about your dad! He'll love that—”

“He won't, he's already told me not to write anything about his life or career,” Trent sulked.

Amelia huffed. “I think maybe you need to think of something else,” she suggested. “No work stories, no family biographies. Another big idea.”

“Back to the drawing board,” Trent said sadly, taking the pages he'd dumped in front of Amelia and locked himself back in the study for another week.