24

It was a 30 minute ride . The sound of the rain was very loud but the silence was more deafening- inside. The backseat was comfortably spacious.  Hoseok couldnt find the right words for thanking taehyung. He felt guilty and part of him didn't want to take the favour, maybe he would have done right by booking himself a cab. It didn't bother him much until taehyung opened his mouth to say something but stopped midway. He kept his lips open for a second and hoseok anxiously waited for him to say something. 

Just anything. But taehyung licked his lips and closed them back. The backseat didn't feel crammy at all ,  the distance was right and hoseok wanted to look outside at the window not say anything because if he just said thank you , it meant he accepted the favour. 

Oh ego,  it brings down the greatest of humans . They didn't say anything for the longest time. hoseok opened his mouth to finally thank taehyung but bit his lip back. Taehyung wasn't looking until hoseok fully turned to him. ' I really think I should pay I have money I'm not poor ' he chuckled at his own joke.

 ' I didn't say you were? Just let me. Please ' taehyung always made hoseok shut up with the please , hoseok tried to say again throat feeling dry. He parted his lips. Taehyung looked at them. And hoseok couldn't get his voice out , taehyung kept staring at his lips like a sniper at his target. 

His reverie broke when the driver asked if they wanted to take a shorter route. 

Hoseok got down in front of his home, ' Thank You !' He finally managed to get it out.Taehyung wanted to make sure he didn't get wet so he tried to keep his eyes close to hoseok's tracks.

 Hoseok scurried his way into the building and with his hand in the air made somewhat of a handwave gesture without even sparing a glance at Taehyung  , leaving behind the crowd of raindrops .

Taehyung instructed the taxi to drive to his place , without noticing the curious pair of eyes refusing to look away.