1

Taehyung was sleepy . He never worked overtime before this and no one was there in the office.

Atleast that is what he thought . He left his cubicle to refill his water bottle . That's when he heard those muffled voices.

He realised that it was two people in the cafeteria room. He focused on their words .

Hoseok and Namjoon were speaking , ' Oh! I prefer it with jam ' He heard Namjoon disagree ' I can't ! its such a weird combination '

' why? bacon and jam are the best , I won't let anyone argue with that ' Hoseok's hand came down on Namjoon's shoulder jokingly .

' Whatever you say ' Namjoon stirs his coffee . Hoseok puts the plate into the sink and washes water down it .

' I think bread just makes it better ' hoseok still tries getting his point across .

' better or worse , I'm never trying it ' Namjoon cringed in disgust .

Taehyung heard the door unlock and he stood there awkwardly .

Namjoon raised an eyebrow ' you're still here? I thought everyone was gone? '

' Yeah I'll leave soon , I just wanted to get water '
' You know -there's water next to cubicle 1?'

' Yeah I was leaving so I decided to come here it's on the way ' Taehyung didn't have better thoughts fabricated at the moment and he couldn't understand why he was justifying being there like a deer caught in headlights.

He definitely wasn't eavesdropping on a harmless conversation.

' Oh nevermind , I'll take my leave , Hoseok is still in there ' ' Okay ' he held the door and Namjoon passed by him .

He entered and stood , Hoseok had his back turned to him and was maybe making another cup of coffee for himself.

' Oh Namu you're still here ? I thought you said- '

' Its me '

Hoseok's voice was cut off by his soft speech , Hoseok almost couldn't hear him but the room was silent except for the whirring coffee machine .

The air was snatched from him for a second and he couldn't say anything.

The fear resurfaced , amplifying in the silence and them being the only two people in the room.