Chapter 38

5 months later

Dani flew through the ghost zone as quickly as she could. She stopped and panted against a broken pillar, looking around. Safe for now. She looked at her communication watch Danny and Vlad made for her. "Anyone there?" She asked.

It beeped before Vlad's face came onto the screen, "Danielle, finally. Are you alright?" He asked.

"I got away, but Technus was taken," she gasped when she saw ghosts of the skeleton army coming for her. "Crap, they found me!"

"Danielle get out of there! Fly back here, I will open the shield!" Vlad got up.

She nodded and flew in the direction of the Far Frozen. She screamed when another set of skeleton ghosts surrounded her, "I'm surrounded! I don't-" she paused when skeletons started getting blasted away.

Skulker blasted skeleton after skeleton, throwing punches and tearing them apart with his hands. He only stopped when they were all gone. He looked back at Dani, "Go! Go! Go!" He pushed her along and flew with her quickly to the shield Vlad had opened with her.

Vlad quickly closed the shield and asked Dani, "Are you okay?"

Dani got up and nodded, "Thanks to Skulker. Why did you save me?" She asked him.

Skulker hummed and dropped his dead weapons, "You ghost children have saved and protected me more than I want to count at this point, it's the least I can do," he said.

"Yes well, come along," Vlad said when he noticed the skeletons gathering at the barrier. "Daniel, are you there?" He spoke into his watch.

The watch went staticky before Dannys' face came up, strained and panting, "I'm here, they're everywhere at every corner. Did you get ahold of Dani?" Vlad nodded and pointed the watch to her. Danny sighed in relief then paused when there was the sound of a horse in the distance.

"Fright Knight. Danny, get out of there!", Danielle said to Vlads watch.

Danny looked around at the ghosts that were helping him fight the skeleton army, "I can't leave them. I'll do what I can and get everyone out of here," he hung up.

"No Daniel! Argh! That stubborn-headed boy!" Vlad cursed. Dani and Skulker both looked up as the barrier shook from a loud ghostly wail. "That's Danny," Dani said.

Skulker's eyes went round, "His radius on that wail has increased. He's certainly gotten stronger hasn't he?"

Dani just nodded numbly, "Trains every day. Open the barrier, I'm going to find him," she said to Vlad who frowned at sending her out there alone again.

Skulker loaded his guns and gave Dani a spear, "I'll go with her,"

Vlad sighed heavily, "Fine but I'm coming with you too. I'll have Frostbite monitor the barrier," he called the snow ghost.

In about twenty minutes they were flying through the ghost zone to Dannys' last known location. They all came to a halt when they saw skeletons in pieces everywhere. There was a crowd of ghosts who looked defeated. Ember looked at them, seeming downcast.

Dani looked around wildly but didn't see her cousin, "Danny? Danny!" She called then looked at the ghosts, "Where is he?"

Ember sighed, "We didn't even see him until it was too late. Pariah ambushed us. Fright Knight was just a front. He took Danny and plans to use him as 'an example of what happens when you defy the king'. Danny went as long as he didn't hurt us," she sighed, "Danny saved us."

Danis face contorted in anguish, "But who saved him? Ah!" She smashed a pillar to pieces with her bare hand out of anger and sadness.

2 weeks later