Chapter 40

Danny groaned into the pillow when his phone started ringing. He peeked an eye open into the morning-lit room. Sighing, he sat up and looked around for his phone, noting that Dash was not in bed.

He hummed and looked under the bed where he was greeted by a lick to the face from Pookie. He laughed and grabbed the phone on the floor. "Hello?" he stretched. "Oh shoot. Yeah, I'll be..." he trailed off when he saw Dash leaning on the doorway to the bathroom, completely naked.

Danny blinked when Vlad called his name. "Uhm yeah I'll be there in like 15...", he grinned when Dash pushed the door open to show a running shower, "30, 45 minutes max," he hung up and tossed the phone on the bed. He jumped up and kissed Dash, "I have to meet them at the school so let's make this quick."

"Yes sir," Dash picked him up and kissed him, heading into the bathroom.

*

Danny walked into the school, holding Dash's hand. Seeing as it was Saturday, the halls were empty. He spotted Dani walking around and peeking into classrooms.

Danny smiled, "Excited to start school?"

Dani turned and smiled, "Super excited. I'm a little nervous though. Vlad said all my paperwork would look real but what if it doesn't? What if they all get in trouble because of me?"

Danny put a hand on her shoulder, "Relax Dani. If there's anything Fruit Loop is perfect at, it's spending money on the best people money can buy. How old did they make you?"

"17. One year younger than you," she smiled.

He looked back when the door to the office opened. Out came Vlad, Maddie, and Jack talking to Principle Ishiyama. "Thank you so much for your help, Principle," Maddie smiled.

"Of course. It's a joy to have Fenton's back in the school", Ishiyama smiled. Her attention turned to the teens, "Hello Danny, welcome back. And Miss Danielle, welcome. We will be putting you both through some tests this afternoon just to see where you are academically, so we can place you properly in classes. Please be back here at 1:30 and we shall have everything set up," she smiled.

They both nodded and she excused herself to make preparations. Vlad looked at the boys, "What took you two so long? Hm?"

"Alarm didn't go off," "Making breakfast," they said at the same time then looked at each other then nodded, "Yeah."

Jack looked confused, Vlad shook his head and Maddie just eyed Danny, "We'll have a conversation later." This earned a deep sigh from Danny, but he knew there was no getting out of it.

"Alright well, we're gonna go study," Danny nodded his new sister along. "Good luck," Maddie waved. They waved and went back to Dash's truck. Dani smiled, "So what were you two doing?"

Dash rubbed his face and Danny rolled his eyes, "If you're asking, I'm not telling you. Let's go to Nasty, I'm starving," he put his head on Dash's shoulder. "You got it," Dash nodded and headed to the burger place.

"I don't understand," Dani said as they walked into the Nasty Burger, still on the subject from before. Danny sighed heavily and turned to her, opening his mouth to speak but paused when his ghost sense went off and he heard, "Beware!" Followed by guys running out of the men's bathroom and the Box Ghost flying out.

"Beware my-!" He stuttered when he saw Danny. Said boy narrowed his eyes at him, "What did I say?"

The Box Ghost crossed his arms, "Your rules are boring," he said like a pouting child. Danny rolled his eyes, "You know what I want," he said to Dash then walked back out the door. Dash smiled fondly and went to get their food.