Chapter 39

CW: Explicit sexual scenes

Mouths around the room hung open as they listened to Danny tell the story of their time in the Ghost Zone. Most of it anyway, Danny leaving out some of the intimate things like his mental health declining or the weird dreams he had.

At some point, his parents and sister came down to listen to the story and he knew everyone was brimming with questions.

"Dude!" Tucker broke the silence, "That is so cool! You're the king of ghosts! There goes half our problems."

Danny laughed, "Some anyway. There are still quite a few ghosts who don't like me and probably won't but," he shrugged. He looked at his parents, "I know you guys have a million questions. Mostly about the portal and the tech right?"

Jack nodded immediately but Maddie smiled, "Are you okay?"

Danny smiled and nodded, "I'm home. That's what matters. I have life to catch up on now. Like school. Jeez what am I going to do about school? You guys are seniors now. I was supposed to be too," he looked at his friends then to his parents again, "What did you tell the school?"

"That you were moved to homeschooling with some relatives up North," Maddie hummed, "It's the best we could do without you here. We can try to get you back in for senior year," she hummed.

Vlad sat down, "I can be of assistance. I have many connections that could help. That and money. It can't buy everything, but it could help you back into school. We'll go tomorrow," he smiled.

Danny smiled, "Thanks Fruit Loop," he said which earned an eye roll from Vlad.

"In the meantime," Danny laughed when Sam fell through her chair again, "I need to teach you," he got up and gave Sam a hand up, "And get new clothes."

Vlad got up and looked at Jack and Maddie, "Let's go make some calls to get him back into school. Her too," he smiled at Dani who lit up excitedly.

Maddie smiled, "Actually, Danielle, Jack, and I were hoping to talk to you about something important," She smiled.

Dani blinked, "Oh okay," she got up and followed them upstairs. They sat her down at the table. "So we wanted to talk to you about this before the incident but didn't get the chance to, so we'd like to talk to you about it now," Maddie smiled.

Dani looked between them but just listened for now. "We think it's time you settled down somewhere permanent," Jack smiled, "Don't you?"

Dani's eyes went wide, "What are you saying?"

Maddie smiled more, "We'd like you to officially be a part of the family."

Dani's eyes filled with tears, "Really?"

"Of course cupcake. You're already like a daughter to us. We'd love to make it official," Jack smiled warmly.

"What do you say?" Maddie took her hands.

Dani got up and hugged them, "Yes! Thank you! I love you guys so much," she cried. Jack and Maddie hugged her, "We love you too sweetie. We'll get everything sorted out then you'll officially be our daughter." Dani just cried in utter joy.

"You'll have to stop calling Danny Cous though," Jack laughed softly. Dani nodded rapidly, "That's totally fine with me."

*

"Ya know, Cake Pop," Ember got up and put her hands on Sam's round hips, "I could teach her if you wanted some catch up time with your boyfriend."

Sam blushed darkly, "Yeah Danny, I'm sure Dash is dying for some alone time with you."