Chapter 52

12 years later

"Why do I have to go back?" The Box Ghost pouted as Danny led him to his portal.

"Because you can't behave," Danny stated like it was obvious.

"But-" The Box Ghost started but stopped when Danny gave him a look.

"How long have you been here?" Danny started.

The Box Ghost sighed dramatically, reminding Danny of one of his kids. "Eight months," he said.

"Mhm and how many times have you caused a mess?" Danny continued.

"Heh, a lot," he chuckled under his breath. Danny gave him another look and he stopped then sighed, "You're no fun! We used to have so much fun!" He wailed.

Danny thought back to every time he was embarrassed by this ghost in high school because of his choice of boxes, "I don't remember it being that fun. This isn't up for discussion you know?" He said and noticed something moving in the lab behind him but didn't bring attention to it.

The ghost huffed as the portal was open, "I will return and-!" He shrank under Dann'y red eyes, "Yes My Lord," he shot into the portal.

Danny sighed and turned his eyes back. He was pretty glad he had control over that now. It did well in making some ghosts behave. He listened for a second before catching the nine-year-old who tried to fly into the portal. The girl in a black and grey dress with black tights.

"Nope," He caught her and pulled her back.

"I wanna seeeeeeee!" Annabelle wailed and wiggled in his arms.

"Absolutely not," he said sternly and shut the portal.

"Parker and Gwen get to go!" She pouted.

"Parker and Gwen are older than you and they still have to have an adult with them," Danny put her back on her feet.

"But Daaaaaadddddyyyyy," Annabelle whined.

"No buts," he said. She pouted again and changed back. She was still in her nightgown, her blonde hair in a messy ponytail.

"Anna, you have school soon. Go get dressed like I told you to forty-five minutes ago," he pointed up the stairs. She stuck out her tongue and ran upstairs. Danny rubbed his face and followed her up, transforming back as he did.

"Watch where you're going," Parker grumbled at Annabelle, the girl having knocked into her in her sprint out of the basement.

"Watch where you're breathing!" She yelled and kept running.

"That doesn't make any sense!" Parker called, rolling his eyes.

"You don't make sense!" He could hear her voice echo from upstairs.

Dash put a hand over his mouth to hide his amusement as Danny and Parker both rolled their eyes. "There you go," Dash smiled, finishing Gwen's braid.

She got up and kissed his cheek, "Thank you, Papa."

Dash smiled and got up, "Alright Fentons, we gotta leave soon. Elio? You ready?" He called up the stairs.

The little boy came running down, "Coming!" He gasped as he tripped over his foot. He closed his eyes and went half intangible.

Danny moved quickly though and caught him, looking at his intangible legs, "Careful. You can't do that at school," he put him on his feet.

"I can't do it at all," Elio sighed miserably, "Even Anna can go full ghost and I can't even turn my whole body intangible."