Chapter 45

Danny rushed around the lab, grabbing things quickly. He had laid Shadow on a free table and had Sam monitoring his condition.

He paused to look at his watch when he got a response. "Thank goodness," he flew over to the portal and hooked up to it. He changed it a few times until the Far Frozen appeared. He stabilized it and flew in.

Sam looked at the portal with wide eyes. Danny wasn't really explaining anything, just panicky rambling and giving her one job. She kept quiet though, knowing if she interrupted him it would only get worse.

Danny came flying through a few minutes later with more supplies. A foot stepped through, Frostbite taking a look around immediately. He nodded, "I believe we can make one here Great One," he moved to inspect what was available in the lab.

Danny flew around the room quickly, grabbing things he needed and tools. "Sam? How's Shadow?" He called, putting things together.

Sam looked at Shadow and checked him over. Shadow was giving off faint growls and heaving. "He's not doing great but he's still with us," she called.

Danny nodded and hooked up tubes to the machine he and Frostbite were building, rather quickly too, he thought. Might be a new record for them.

"Danny? When did you get home son?" Jack called as he came down the stairs. He paused at the bottom. "Holy cow," he mumbled. His son had built a pod in the lab along with a massive yeti ghost.

"Sorry Dad, just give me a minute," Danny called as he worked.

"Did you say Danny's home? Why didn't he..." Dash paused with the same face Jack was wearing. They both just looked amazed but it slowly morphed into interest on both faces. Both stayed out of the way but still came closer to observe. "Transportation?" Jack mumbled.

"No no, power enhancing perhaps?" Dash watched carefully. He then looked at where Sam was then back at the pod. "Medical?"

Though Danny was busy, he couldn't help but smile as he listened to his dad and boyfriend. Once upon a time, the old Dash would have called himself a nerd or a dork if he could see himself now.

"Good to go," Danny called as he powered the thing up. Frostbite nodded, typing quickly on a computer.

Danny smiled at his dad and boyfriend, "Medical," he nodded. "Shadow is badly injured. Whatever he was hit with, he isn't regenerating like he should be. This is a healing pod that Frostbite has back in his home. It works really well. I know. I've been in it a million times at this point," he mused but cleared his throat at the concerned faces he got, Sam included.

He looked back when Frostbite started filling the pod. "It is ready Great One," he nodded.

Danny moved over to Shadow and picked him up, Shadow grunting in discomfort. "I know buddy, hold on," He flew him over and placed him in the pod. Shadow seemed to relax after a couple of minutes in the pod.

Danny sighed in relief, "Thanks for your help Frostbite, he smiled.

"Of course Oh Great One," he gave a flourished bow. "I must return home now, but please do call if you are in need of more assistance," He smiled and waved to everyone before leaving.

Danny sighed and leaned against a desk, transforming back. Dash came to his side and kissed his head. "He gonna be okay?"

Danny nodded, "He should be okay. I'd love to ask him what happened but Shadow and I can't really communicate like he can with Johnny. Heaven knows where he and Kitty are. Along with literally everyone else," he sighed, looking stressed beyond reason.

"Hey, take a deep breath for me," Dash rubbed his back. Danny took a deep breath and then let it out slowly. Dash nodded, "Good. We're going to find them. Stressing yourself out over it won't help though. Now, maybe we need someone good at tracking. Do you have anyone that's good at that?"