Chapter 14

Ringing echoed through the room early in the morning. Jazz groaned and attempted to hit the alarm clock that wasn't there. She yelped when she felt a pillow hit her face. She sat up and saw Danny glaring at her from over Dash's snoring form, "What?" He pointed at her phone; the source of the ringing. She picked up her phone, "Jeez someone's not a morning person."

Danny pointed across the slightly lit room, "Neither is she." Jazz then noticed purple eyes glaring dangerously at her.

"Okay okay. The boys can sleep through it," she gestured to Dash and Tucker's snoring forms.

"Just answer it!" Sam hissed. Jazz quickly answered, not even looking to see who was calling.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Jazz" came her mom's voice.

"Mom?" Danny shot upright, startling Dash awake.

"Jazz listen to me right now. Come home and bring your brother with you, I know you're with him. Come home this instant. No buts ands or ifs," she said then hung up.

Jazz stared at her phone and then looked at Danny. "She knows we're together. She said to come home." Danny swallowed hard and looked down.

Dash pulled him into a hug, "It'll be okay" he nodded slowly. "You are Fenton, not Phantom. You have to act normally around them," Jazz said.

Danny sighed "Right, annoyed teenager mood commencing," he said. Jazz smiled a little, "Let's get dressed. You have other clothes here right?" Danny stood up followed by Dash, "Yeah I guess the others are a little stained."

"That's an understatement," Tucker mumbled. Danny shot him a look before going to get clothes.

*

Danny looked up at their house and took a breath Jazz took his hand, "We'll be okay," he smiled slightly and nodded.

Dash kissed his cheek, "Call me if you need me."

"Okay. See you at school" he smiled.

They walked up to the door and Jazz looked at Danny, "Ready?" He nodded and grabbed the handle. He pushed the door open and looked around. Their mom was sitting on the couch patiently. He swallowed hard and pushed the door open fully.

Maddie looked up, "Kids, where have you been all night?" She asked, looking at Danny specifically but he couldn't meet her gaze.

"We were at Sam's house," Jazz said.

Maddie hummed, "Alright, um I need to talk with you two," Danny finally looked up at her. She smiled a little before moving to his side quickly and lifting his shirt. She gasped when she saw the long pink scar on his side. Danny gasped and moved from her grasp quickly. Maddie stared at her son, "Danny are you-"

"Danny Phantom?" Danny finished, "I'm surprised you guys never found out until now," he let out a humorless laugh.

Maddie's eyes saddened, "Why didn't you tell us?"

Danny gave her a look, "Last night is a perfect example of why!" He yelled, not noticing the hot tears that leaked from his eyes.

"Danny, do you honestly think that we would have done that if we knew it was you?" Danny froze just staring at his mom as tears ran down his face. Maddie took cautious steps forward. She took his cheeks in her hands, "Sweetie we would never hurt you okay? Yes, we would like to know how this happened but you have to trust us okay? We may be ghost hunters but we're your parents first and foremost. We love you. I'm so sorry I hurt you last night." Danny let out a choked sound and hugged his mom. Maddie wrapped her arms around her son "Can you do that? Can you trust us? We're deeply sorry for what happened last night."