CHAPTER TWELVE

"Meeting Halmeoni"

Mrs. Ri is excited for tonight's event not because of the party but because she will finally meet her grandson's girlfriend. This is the first time that Jeong Hyeok will bring a girl on the party. She was humming while preparing her things with the help of her glam team. "You look so excited, Chairman Ri.." Her staff said. Mrs. Ri smile widely. "Yes I Am... Tonight, we will meet my grandson's girlfriend." She said. "I wonder how she'll look like and what my grandson love about her." She said.

Meanwhile, Seri is still on her work. She couldn't left early because this is the peak hour of the store. Jeong Hyeok keep calling her but she didn't notice her phone because she's busy on monitoring the staffs of the coffee shop.

"Ms. Yoon... I thought you will went home early today..." The younger staff said. "How could I do that... We're having so many customers today..." She said. "Oh, Ms. Yoon you're phone keep on ringing." She said. Seri look at her phone and she immediately answer it when she saw Jeong Hyeok's name registered on the screen.

"Jeong Hyeok... I'm sorry but I think I'll be a little late tonight..." She said.

"Waeyo? Is there something happened?" He asked.

"We have plenty of customers today... I couldn't left the staffs alone here... So I guess I'll go straight to your grandmother's place and you go ahead." She said.

"Text me where your work is... I'll fetch you up." He said.

"No, I'm fine... You go first don't worry Promise I'll go therea after my work." She said.

"No, I insist... Just tell me where you are and I'll go there. Your my girlfriend for tonight, right? So I must act like what a boyfriend did." He said.

Seri smile and nodded.

"You had a point... Arasso, I'll text to you the address." She said.

Jeong Hyeok arrived at Seri's workplace after an hour of driving. He park infront of the coffee shop and saw her busy on her work. She's right, it's their peak hour so she couldn't left the staffs all alone by themselves. He still inside of his car as he watch her from the inside of the store. He saw that she's been exhausted but she manage to smile cheerfully. He's smile unknowingly appear on his face as he saw her smiling with her eye smile.

Seri let out a sigh of relief when it seems that there's only a few customers left at the store. "Ms. Yoon, you can go now... Don't worry we can handle it." The staff said. "Are you sure?" She said. The staff nodded. "Arasso... I also need to drop by at the Salon. Kamsahamnida!" She said. She immediately take off her apron and put her belongings as she rush to went outside. "Yoon Seri!" Jeong Hyeok called her. Seri stop and smile when she saw Jeong Hyeok infront of her standing beside his car. He looks good on his royal blue suite, Seri's thought. Because of that, she didn't notice that Jeong Hyeok approach her. " You're spacing out?" He said. Seri look away and she felt her face are now turning red. "No! Uhm.. it's cold here outside..." She said and cover her face with her scarf on her neck. "Get inside the car, you might catch a colds if we stay long outside." Jeong Hyeok said. Seri smile and follow him. Seri is about to open the car but Jeong Hyeok immediately grab it but he accidentally hold Seri's hand. Seri felt the unknown connections when she felt his hand unto her hand and Jeong Hyeok felt the same. Seri immediately pull her hand and avoid his eyes. "Let me open it." He said. Seri let out an awkward smile and she immediately went inside the car while touching her hand.