Chapter 3

The next day Hallie was getting ready to leave for her trip to Portland, Oregon. 

"Have a good time." Sam said.

"I will."

"Tell them I said hello."

"I will, bye." She went to open the front door.

"Hey."

She turned around. "What?"

"No kiss?" She kissed him very quickly. "I love you."

"Me to, bye." She left. Sam hoped at least the memory of why Hallie was mad at him would come back so he could fix it.

Hallie went straight from the airport to a restaurant to meet her mom Sophia and her sister Andrea for dinner. Andrea was three years younger then Hallie. They were sitting down at the table eating and talking.

"I'm surprised you still came." Sophia said. 

"I wasn't going to but Sam told me to."

"Has he remembered anything?" Andrea asked.

"No." "I feel really bad." "He knows something's wrong."

"You need to tell him."

"I agree with your sister." "He has to be so confused." "He'll be even more confused if the divorce gets finalized while he can't remember anything."

"I know I should tell him." "I just don't know if I can talk about it."

Hallie was staying at Andrea's house. They were sitting in the living room having a glass of wine.

"Andrea, I'm gonna tell you something nobody knows." Hallie said. "I have a boyfriend."

"A boyfriend?" She said shocked.

"Yeah." "I didn't plan it especially with everything I'm going through, but it just happened." "The sex is great but more importantly he listens." "I just find the age difference ironic." "You know it kind of weirded me out with Sam at first."

"How old is he?"

"Twenty-eight."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"Who is it?"

"Max Friedman."

"Really?" "MJF?"

"Yeah."

"How long?"

"Two months."

"Do you love him?"

"I think so." "I definitely didn't expect it, especially now, but he's so great." "I just need Sam to get his memory back so I don't have to feel bad anymore." "He's acting like he used to." "Like the Sam I loved, and it hurts." "All he wants is for me to love him, and I can't, because I don't." She said with tears in her eyes. "If he could just remember he doesn't love me, he'd stop trying so hard." "I just want the divorce to be over and done with." So both of us can move on with our lives."

"I know."