Chapter 39

Hallie wanted to be absolutely positive about what that report said. It had been two days since the report came in. Hallie took Max Jr. to a DNA center. She told him it was an extension of the of the test they already took. Max Jr's mouth had just been swabbed.

"Go wait in the car I'll be right there." Hallie said.

"Ok." He went out to the car.

Hallie handed Max's at home toothbrush to the lab technician. It was in a Ziplock bag. "I can get the results first thing in the morning right?"

"Yes." The technician said.

"You're sure?" "This is very, very important."

"I will email you first thing." The technician said .

"Thank you."

Driving back home they stopped at a red light. Hallie looked over at Max Jr.

"Is your father really Sam?" She thought. "Could it really be true?"

"What mom?" He asked.

"I just love you."

"I love you too mom."

The next morning when Hallie woke up the next morning, she immediately checked her email. She opened the one from the DNA center. It said there was a 0.000 DNA match between Max and Max Jr. She started to cry. She felt so betrayed and bad for Sam. She knew Max Jr. was going to be so confused.

Hallie decided not to confront Max until he got home. She also decided she wanted to tell Sam in person. She was going to go see him the night before the doctor's appointment.

Two days had passed. Max knew something was up because Hallie wasn't taking his calls or texts. It was night time. Max just walked through the door. He became even more suspicious when he didn't see the kids. Hallie was standing there staring daggers through him, with both sets of DNA results in her hands.

"Where are the kids?" He asked.

"With the babysitter for the night." "You must mean the girls, because Max Jr. isn't yours!" She yelled. She handed him both results. "What the fuck have you done?!"

"I paid the technician off to change the results.""I only did it because I love you." She smacked him in the face so hard it left a handprint.

"No, you did it because you were afraid if he wasn't yours, I'd go back to Sam." "Get out."

"What?"

"Get out now." "I am completely disgusted by you."

"I'm not leaving this is my house to."

"What you did is very illegal." "If you don't leave, I'm gonna call the cops." He left.