Chapter 19

Two days later Max and Adam met for lunch. They were eating and talking.

"I have something to tell you, but you're not allowed to tell anyone yet." Max said. "Hallie's pregnant."

He smiled. "Congratulations, that's awesome." "I'm gonna be an uncle."

"Well, maybe."

"What do you mean?"

"Hallie hasn't decided if she's keeping it or not." "She's afraid because she's had a miscarriage before." "That's why she and Sam got divorced." "He was a dickhead to her after that." "It's her decision, but I hope she keeps it." "I think we'd make a great family."

"Of course you would."

"I love her so much." "I'm gonna be with her no matter what." "I want to marry her someday."

"Knowing you it'll probably be sooner rather then later."

"Maybe."

Later that night Sam was at the arena. He got a text from Hallie asking him to meet her in the parking lot by the east stairwell. When he went outside she was waiting for him.

"Hi." He said.

"Hi." "I'm pregnant, you might be the father." "I haven't decided if I'm keeping it yet." "If I do I'll let you know so we can do a DNA test."

"Alright, but we don't need to." "You know it's mine."

"No it's not."

"Who's gotten you pregnant before?"

"That doesn't mean anything."

"This is a sign we're supposed to be together."

"Sam, we're over."

"That's why you made love to me, right?"

"That was a misjudgment on my part."

"All four times?"

"Yes."

"I think you're afraid to be with me, so you use Max as a shield."

"I love him." "I appreciate that you apologized to me, but that doesn't make everything disappear Sam." "It still happened and you still hurt me."

"I know." "I want to make it up to you."

"I have to go." She went back inside.

After the show Hallie and Max were laying in bed together.

"What are your plans for Thanksgiving honey?" Hallie asked.

"I was hoping to spend it with you."

"Want to come to Portland and meet my family?"

He smiled. "Yes." They kissed. "I love you."

"I love you too."