Chapter 32

Later that night Hallie wanted to get some dinner. She went to a cafe down the street. As she walked in and was looking for somewhere to sit, she saw Sam sitting in a booth looking at a menu. She went over to him.

"Hey." She said.

He looked up from his menu. "Hi." "Wanna sit, or is Max with you?"

She sat down. "He's on the road." She stopped a waitress. "Excuse me ma'am, may I please have a menu?"

"Of course." She said. She went to get it.

"How's your son?" Sam asked.

"Growing like a weed."

"He's gotta be, what now, thirteen?"

"Yes." "I can't believe the years went by so quickly."

"What did you name him?"

"Max Jr."

"Max Jr, huh?" "Let me guess, Max's idea?"

"Yeah."

"With the ego he has, that doesn't surprise me."

"I don't know where he gets it, but Max Jr. loves skateboarding." "I don't skate and neither does Max." "Do you still skate?"

"Yeah."

"I know you still wrestle."

"Yeah." "That's what I'm doing here." "We're doing live shows all week." "The pay-per-view is on Sunday." "You should come to some of the shows."

"Maybe I will." "Are you married?"

"I never got married again."

"Girlfriend?"

"Not for about a year and a half."

"So, no kids?"

"Nope." "How long have you and Max been married?"

She could tell he hated saying that sentence. "Twelve years." "We got married when Max Jr. was ten months old."

Hallie's menu came. She began squinting as she looked at her menu. Sam noticed and smiled. "Hal, do you need glasses?"

"I already have them." "I hate wearing them."

"Why?"

"Glasses are for old people." About ten seconds passed. "Fuck." She said frustrated. She put down her menu, got in her purse and put on her glasses.

"Aw, you look cute."

"Yeah right."

"You do."

After they ate they drove back to hotel. Riding up on the elevator together they discovered they were staying on the same floor.

"This is me." Sam said stopping at his room.

"Well that's me." She said pointing to the room next door

"I had fun tonight."

"Me to." "It was nice catching up after all these years." "What do you think of old lady me."

"Old lady, are you out of your mind." "You still look as amazing as ever."

"You're biased."

"Can I have a hug?"

"Yeah." They hugged. They both held on to each other, not wanting to let go.

"I really missed you."

"I missed you to."

"I'm just glad you're happy."

"Thanks." Her phone started to ring. "I have to go." She unlocked her room, went inside and answered the phone.

"Hello?" She said.

"Hi baby." Max said. "What are you doing?"

"I just got back from dinner."