Chapter 1

Hallie was a beautiful thirty-five year old. She was short, with long strawberry blonde hair and light green eyes. She was a backstage interviewer for AEW. She used to be so happy. Now she only had one source of happiness, and it was unintentional. Hallie was in the middle of a divorce with a man she once loved very much, Sam Ratsch. They still lived together as advised by both their lawyers, until the divorce was finalized.

Hallie liked being on the road she and Sam stayed in separate rooms then. It made things a little less stressful. At work however the stress was at an all time high. They couldn't stand being around each other. He walked up to her backstage to be interviewed. As they waited for the break to come back from commercial, the seconds they had to spend standing next to each other, was torture to them

After they did the interview he just walked away.

Flashback

Hallie had just finished interviewing Sam.

"Give me a kiss baby." He said. They kissed.

"Two more weeks."

"I know." "I can't wait to marry you." "I love you Hal."

"I love you too." He walked away.

End Of Flashback

Later that night Hallie was in her hotel room getting ready to go out. She touched up her make-up and put on perfume. Hallie went up one floor, down the hall and into a room.

"I'm here." She said.

Max (MJF) came out of the bedroom in just his boxers. "Hey baby."

"Hi."

"Come here." She went over to him. They kissed and went into the bedroom.

Hallie knew it was wrong but being with Max was her only form of happiness. They'd been sleeping together for two months.

As Hallie slept that night, Max was awake thinking. Hallie didn't know it but Max loved her. He knew he couldn't push her because of how stressed she was.

The next night Hallie was at home in Atlanta asleep. It was around midnight. She was awakened by her phone ringing.

"Hello?" He said tiredly.

"Mrs. Ratsch?" A woman's voice asked.

"Yes."

"This is nurse Benson at Memorial Hospital." "Your husband has been in an accident."

"Is he ok?"

"He's going to be fine."

Hallie went down to the hospital and into Sam's room. He had cuts and bruises on his face but otherwise looked fine.

"Baby." He said happily when he saw her. That confused her. She couldn't remember the last time he'd greeted her like that. "It's ok, I'm ok." "They say I was in a car accident." "I don't remember it."

The doctor came in.

"Mrs. Ratsch, can I speak with you." They went out into the hall. "Your husband suffered head trauma in the accident." "He's suffering from acute memory loss." "He thought it was 2021." "We're keeping him overnight for observation." "You're welcome to stay." "The best thing to do when you return home is surround him with familiar things."

"We're in the middle of a divorce."

"That could complicate things." "What he needs is patience and understanding." He walked away.

"He thinks we're still in love." She thought. "Should I tell him about the divorce?" "I don't know what to do."