Chapter 40

The kids had been asking about Max and wondering why he wasn't home. They knew he was supposed to be. He was coming to get them to spent the day with them today. Everyone was in the living room when the front door opened.

"Where are my favorite kids?" Max asked. All the kids ran to him and hugged him.

"You guys have fun." Hallie said.

"Hi Hallie." She ignored him and went into the kitchen.

Max and the kids came back later that night. After the girls went to bed Max and Max Jr played video games for the next hour. Then Max Jr. went to bed.

When Max went down the stairs Hallie was coming out of the kitchen.

"We need to talk." Max said.

"Ok." "You've been lying to me since we were engaged." "So, our entire marriage you've been lying to me."

"I love you."

"So much so that you destroyed my son's life."

"Our son."

"My son, you are not his father."

"Maybe not biologically but you can't say I've been a bad dad." "So he's not my blood but I love him." "He's my son."

"No he's not, he's Sam's son."

"He's doesn't even know that douchebag."

"Yeah, because of you Max." "You pretty much kidnapped him." "I'm telling Sam."

"No."

"Yes."

"Why?"

"Are you serious?"

"Think about what it'll do to Max."

"It will devastate him but he deserves to know his real father."

"I'm his father." "Can't we just go back to how it was?"

"No." "I'm going to bed." She went upstairs. He left.