Chapter 34

When Sam woke up the next morning, he discovered she wasn't there. He wasn't surprised though he suspected as much.

Two months later Hallie still felt guilty for cheating on Max. She was also worried about something else. She was having pregnancy symptoms. Due to her age she knew it had to be something else. While she was out shopping she picked up five different pregnancy tests.

Later that night Hallie made dinner for the kids.

"You're not eating mom?" Max Jr. asked.

"No." "I just feel like saltine crackers."

After the kids went to bed Hallie went into the bathroom and took all five pregnancy tests. They all came back positive.

"Oh my god, no, it can't be, it's impossible, how?" She thought shocked.

After getting the kids off to school the next morning, Hallie called her OBGYN. They had a cancellation so they were able to take her that same morning.

At the doctor Hallie had taken a blood and urine test at the doctor. She was sitting in a paper gown on the exam table waiting for the doctor to come in. The doctor came in five minutes later.

"Hi Hallie." She said.

"Hi."

"The pregnancy tests were right." "You are definitely pregnant."

"At my age, is it safe to keep it?"

"Yes but it'll be a higher risk pregnancy." "You'll need bi-weekly appointments." "You know the routine, lay back." She did. The doctor hooked her to the machine. A few seconds later the baby popped up on the screen. "You're at eight weeks along."

"Yeah, that sounds right."

"Do you intend on keeping the baby?"

"Yes." Hallie looked at the baby on the screen. She didn't know how she would tell Max, or how she would contact Sam to tell him. All she knew for sure was that she wanted the baby more than anything.