Chapter 20

The next day there was a house show. Recently Hallie was asked to ring announce for the shows. She loved it. It was time for the main event. Max was coming out.

"Making his way to the ring, from Plainview, Long Island, New York." Hallie said. "He is one half of the Ring Of Honor Tag Team Champions and the AEW World Champion, Maxwell Jacob Friedman, M-J-F!"

Even though she tried not to, every time she announced Max, she smiled with pride.

Max had just won his match. Hallie had just announced him the winner. Max when over to the time keepers area where she was sitting. They kissed.

Three days later was the pay-per-view Full Gear. Early in the morning Max was promoting it on a radio show.

"Can we talk about Hallie Dylan?" The host asked.

"The love of my life, sure."

"How did your relationship with her come about?"

"One night, her thirty-fifth birthday as a matter of fact, we ran into each other at the hotel bar." "We didn't really know each other at that point, but we just hit it off."

"Was she still married at this point?"

"If you want to get technical, yes." "They were deep into divorce proceedings at that point though." "She was no longer with Darby when we started dating, despite what people choose to think." "I could care less what people think though." "We're in love and happy and that's all that matters to us."

Later that night Full Gear was starting in ten minutes. Max was starting and ending the show that night, defending both of his championships. He was standing in the hall. Hallie came up to him.

"Hey baby." He said happily.

"Hi." She said smiling. "I just wanted to wish you luck tonight." "I know you'll kill it tonight." "I love you."

"I love you too." "I've gotta go."

"I'll be watching." He walked away.

Max had won both matches that night. Hallie had decided to spend the night with him that night. They'd just gotten back to his room.

"I've made my decision." Hallie said. "I'm keeping the baby."

"Yes." He said happily. They hugged. "I'm gonna be a daddy." He looked at her. "I know you're still scared but everything will be fine, I promise." "I love you."

"I love you too." They kissed. She'd decided to wait until after Thanksgiving to tell him he might not be the father.